Chelsea Handler Defies Singing and Dancing for MTV VMAs
Unlike the recent Primetime Emmy Awards which had its host Jimmy Fallon going "Glee" with a musical number, the upcoming MTV Video Music Awards will try something different. Claiming that the previous VMAs already had enough singing and dancing, host Chelsea Handler reasoned she doesn't have "the kind of ass that should be mooned."
Instead of exploring her singing and dancing skill, Handler will stick to what she is good at, comedy, in hopes to bring laughters to the Los Angeles' Nokia Theater. "I'm there to be funny, kind of, so hopefully I'll just kind of doing that," she said of what people should expect from her at the September 12 live ceremony.
Though so, hip-shaking performance might not be completely missing from the show. Handler will bring her "Chelsea Lately" sidekick, Chuy Bravo, who could show off his moves on stage. "He's like a Moonman," she said. "He's great to look at. It's, like, very easy to start laughing once you see him."
2010 MTV VMAs will air live on Sunday night at 9 P.M. ET/PT. Eminem, Kanye West, Drake, Justin Bieber, B.o.B, Usher and Paramore are lined up as performers. Nicki Minaj, Selena Gomez, Emma Stone, Penn Badgley, Trey Songz, Ashley Greene and Justin Timberlake are billed as presenters.
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'
- Watch Lady GaGa Crowd Surf at Final 'Dive Bar Tour' Show
- Take a Look at Explosive New Trailer for 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
- Kate Beckinsale's Obsession With Penis Landed Her Daughter in Trouble at School
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'