Chelsea Handler Defies Singing and Dancing for MTV VMAs
Unlike the recent Primetime Emmy Awards which had its host Jimmy Fallon going "Glee" with a musical number, the upcoming MTV Video Music Awards will try something different. Claiming that the previous VMAs already had enough singing and dancing, host Chelsea Handler reasoned she doesn't have "the kind of ass that should be mooned."
Instead of exploring her singing and dancing skill, Handler will stick to what she is good at, comedy, in hopes to bring laughters to the Los Angeles' Nokia Theater. "I'm there to be funny, kind of, so hopefully I'll just kind of doing that," she said of what people should expect from her at the September 12 live ceremony.
Though so, hip-shaking performance might not be completely missing from the show. Handler will bring her "Chelsea Lately" sidekick, Chuy Bravo, who could show off his moves on stage. "He's like a Moonman," she said. "He's great to look at. It's, like, very easy to start laughing once you see him."
2010 MTV VMAs will air live on Sunday night at 9 P.M. ET/PT. Eminem, Kanye West, Drake, Justin Bieber, B.o.B, Usher and Paramore are lined up as performers. Nicki Minaj, Selena Gomez, Emma Stone, Penn Badgley, Trey Songz, Ashley Greene and Justin Timberlake are billed as presenters.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media