Mariah Carey Clarifies Rumored Title of Her New Album
Mariah Carey set the record straight on "Merry Christmas II You" which was widely believed as the name of her upcoming studio album. The rumored title was first spread by Rap-Up and quickly picked up by music bloggers, including her husband Nick Cannon who posted it on his Twitter.
In order to avoid further misleading information, the "We Belong Together" hitmaker clarified the news soon afterwards. "That's not a confirmed title Dearest heart! I never said what kind of an album it is My Love! What? : )," she posted on her own page in reply to Cannon's tweet.
It's almost a year since Mariah Carey released "Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel" in late September 2009, and news about her new album has floated on the web for quite sometime amid her pregnancy rumor. Although details of the album remain scarce, she indeed has started songwriting.
When visiting Brazil last month for a concert, she wrote on Twitter, "Ola! Just landed in Brazil! writing lyrics in the car on the way to the hotel w /a few nice big lenses + cars cutting us. Off to bed affap when I get to the hotel! Can't wait to see the fans @ the show after I get a morsel and some sleep! Love you Brazil!"
More Mariah Carey News
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'
- Spider-Man May Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe After 'Spiderman: Homecoming' Sequel
- Harry Styles to Make Debut as Solo Artist on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Reunite for NBC's Competition Series 'Handmade Project'
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri