Mariah Carey Clarifies Rumored Title of Her New Album
Mariah Carey set the record straight on "Merry Christmas II You" which was widely believed as the name of her upcoming studio album. The rumored title was first spread by Rap-Up and quickly picked up by music bloggers, including her husband Nick Cannon who posted it on his Twitter.
In order to avoid further misleading information, the "We Belong Together" hitmaker clarified the news soon afterwards. "That's not a confirmed title Dearest heart! I never said what kind of an album it is My Love! What? : )," she posted on her own page in reply to Cannon's tweet.
It's almost a year since Mariah Carey released "Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel" in late September 2009, and news about her new album has floated on the web for quite sometime amid her pregnancy rumor. Although details of the album remain scarce, she indeed has started songwriting.
When visiting Brazil last month for a concert, she wrote on Twitter, "Ola! Just landed in Brazil! writing lyrics in the car on the way to the hotel w /a few nice big lenses + cars cutting us. Off to bed affap when I get to the hotel! Can't wait to see the fans @ the show after I get a morsel and some sleep! Love you Brazil!"
More Mariah Carey News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen