Mariah Carey Clarifies Rumored Title of Her New Album
Mariah Carey set the record straight on "Merry Christmas II You" which was widely believed as the name of her upcoming studio album. The rumored title was first spread by Rap-Up and quickly picked up by music bloggers, including her husband Nick Cannon who posted it on his Twitter.
In order to avoid further misleading information, the "We Belong Together" hitmaker clarified the news soon afterwards. "That's not a confirmed title Dearest heart! I never said what kind of an album it is My Love! What? : )," she posted on her own page in reply to Cannon's tweet.
It's almost a year since Mariah Carey released "Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel" in late September 2009, and news about her new album has floated on the web for quite sometime amid her pregnancy rumor. Although details of the album remain scarce, she indeed has started songwriting.
When visiting Brazil last month for a concert, she wrote on Twitter, "Ola! Just landed in Brazil! writing lyrics in the car on the way to the hotel w /a few nice big lenses + cars cutting us. Off to bed affap when I get to the hotel! Can't wait to see the fans @ the show after I get a morsel and some sleep! Love you Brazil!"
More Mariah Carey News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed