Mariah Carey Clarifies Rumored Title of Her New Album
Mariah Carey set the record straight on "Merry Christmas II You" which was widely believed as the name of her upcoming studio album. The rumored title was first spread by Rap-Up and quickly picked up by music bloggers, including her husband Nick Cannon who posted it on his Twitter.
In order to avoid further misleading information, the "We Belong Together" hitmaker clarified the news soon afterwards. "That's not a confirmed title Dearest heart! I never said what kind of an album it is My Love! What? : )," she posted on her own page in reply to Cannon's tweet.
It's almost a year since Mariah Carey released "Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel" in late September 2009, and news about her new album has floated on the web for quite sometime amid her pregnancy rumor. Although details of the album remain scarce, she indeed has started songwriting.
When visiting Brazil last month for a concert, she wrote on Twitter, "Ola! Just landed in Brazil! writing lyrics in the car on the way to the hotel w /a few nice big lenses + cars cutting us. Off to bed affap when I get to the hotel! Can't wait to see the fans @ the show after I get a morsel and some sleep! Love you Brazil!"
More Mariah Carey News
- Suspect in Ariana Grande Concert Bombing Identified, His Brother Arrested by Police
- Ashley Tisdale and Lucas Grabeel Reunite to Cover Classic 'High School Musical' Song
- Katy Perry Wants to Celebrate Her $25M 'American Idol' Paycheck With a 'Beautiful Man'
- Hailey Baldwin Goes Braless for Maxim as She's Dubbed the World's Sexiest Woman
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 2: And the Winner of Season 12 Is....
- Kim Kardashian Faces Backlash Over Insensitive Tribute to Manchester Attack Victims
- Future Enlists Kendrick Lamar on 'Mask Off' Remix - Listen
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown