Rachel Weisz Projected to Replace Angelina Jolie in 'Gravity'
"Gravity" is still alive though Angelina Jolie passed the project. Despite report that Warner Bros. gets a problem to find an actress to carry the film, Alfonso Cuaron reportedly has had a candidate to fill the lead role and she is Rachel Weisz.
It is not known yet if the director has had a talk with the "Agora" star, but Latino Review says "producers are interest(ed) in meeting Weisz for the role very soon." Beside Weisz, a lot of other actresses have reportedly tested for the same part.
Cuaron is additionally said trying to trim the movie's budget since Jolie will not star in it. As it has been reported before, the "Salt" actress was expected to "hold the screen and draw an audience to an $80 million film" but she refused the job. Robert Downey Jr. has already been attached to "Gravity", and despite his credibility, his role is quite small and he was never planned to carry the film.
"Gravity" will focus on a female astronaut and her team leader on a remote space station as the other team members have got wiped out by a debris field from an exploding satellite. The female heroine's attempts to return home to her child will be the main highlight of the story.
Beside set to serve behind the lens, Alfonso Cuaron writes the script for the sci-fi thriller along with his son Jonas. Principal photography may start in 2011 after Robert Downey Jr. completes "Sherlock Holmes 2".
Rachel Weisz is best known for her portrayal of Evelyn Carnahan-O'Connell in "The Mummy" and its sequel "The Mummy Returns". She recently appeared in "The Lovely Bones" and her acting can next be seen in drama "The Whistleblower" and thriller "Dream House".
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show