Winning RV Lawsuit, Taylor Lautner Donates $40,000 to Charity
Taylor Lautner found victory over his legal battle against California-based McMahon's RV. The Jacob Black of "Twilight" movie series settled his lawsuit as the company was willing to pay the actor $40,000 for failing to deliver his trailer on time.
However, Lautner wouldn't use the money for his own because he was determined to give it all for charity. His attorney, Robert Barta, told Us Magazine, "McMahon's RV has agreed to settle its dispute with Taylor Lautner. McMahon's RV will pay $40,000 to Lautner, which Lautner will donate to The Lollipop Theater Network, a children's charity with which he has a long-standing relationship."
"The Lollipop Theater Network is a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing movies currently in theaters to children confined to hospitals due to chronic or life-threatening illnesses," Barta continued. "The Lollipop Theater Network works with hospitals nationwide, including the greater Los Angeles and Orange County areas."
McMahon's RV's owner, Brent McMahon, previously offered Lautner to settle the lawsuit with a push-up contest. The 47-year-old man promised to give the star the $40,000 cash if he won the contest. However, if Lautner lost, McMahon wanted him to donate all the cash to Children's Hospital of Orange County.
Lautner filed the legal papers after McMahon's RV failed to deliver his trailer, which he was about to use on the set of his new movie "Abduction", by the agreed date of June 21. Barta previously stated, "This suit is not about a 'customized' RV, it is about McMahon's RV's refusal to deliver the vehicle in the safe, drivable condition that was promised, as every purchaser has the right to expect."
More Taylor Lautner News
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'