Completing Four Days in Prison, Chris Klein Apologizes for DUI
"American Pie" actor Chris Klein pleaded no contest to DUI during a court hearing in a Van Nuys, California court on Friday morning, September 3. People reported that Klein was sentenced to four days in prison which he had already served, and also a four-year probation. Besides, he was also ordered to complete 18-month alcohol education class and to pay fines.
During the sentencing, Klein apologized for his second DUI in five years. The 31-year-old actor told Judge David B. Gelfound, "I apologize for my wrongdoing and I really appreciate that the court gave me the opportunity to prove how seriously I took all of this."
Beside the sentences, Klein must also install an ignition interlock device on his car. The system is essentially a breathalyzer test that's synced up to the car and if he doesn't sober, the car won't start.
The actor's attorney, Blair Berk, told the site, "Chris took immediate responsibility for what he did and has used this experience in such a positive way to get help to confront an addiction to alcohol. He deserves enormous credit for stepping up and getting it done."
Chris Klein was arrested in early June on the 101 Freeway in Los Angeles with his blood alcohol level almost three times the legal limit, which is .08 percent in California. Meanwhile, in 2005, Klein was taken into custody for driving with a .20 blood alcohol content. He got five-year probation and was fined $1,800.
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip
- Bryce Dallas Howard Denies Chris Pratt Feud Rumors: I 'Worship' Him
- Zayn Malik Shaves His Beard - See How His Fans React!