New Clip for Michael Douglas' 'Wall Street 2' Unleashed
"Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps" sticks to its September 24 U.S. release schedule amid the health issue of its lead actor Michael Douglas. Now a sneak peek to the film has been provided in a new clip which is debuted via Yahoo! Movies and sees a scene set at what looks like a gala dinner.
Wearing formal outfit, Douglas' Gordon Gekko, Josh Brolin's Bretton James and Shia LaBeouf's Jake "Jacob" Moore sit around the same table. Despite the presence of the young Wall Street trader, the conversation in this footage is mostly dominated by Gekko and James. At the end of the snippet, Gekko offers a deal to James before he leaves his chair.
This follow-up to 1987 Academy Award winner "Wall Street" takes place 23 years after the first film. The upcoming movie will follow Gordon who decides to re-focus his attention on rebuilding his relationship with his estranged daughter Winnie after his initial attempts to warn Wall Street of the forthcoming economic downturn and stock market crash receives no response.
In the meantime, Winnie's fiance Jacob seeks revenge for the death of his mentor. He suspects his hedge fund manager of being involved in the death. Thus, he agrees to team up with Gordon. In return, Jacob will help Gordon with Winnie.
Carey Mulligan stars as Winnie with Susan Sarandon cast as Jacob's mother Sylvia Moore. Directed by Oliver Stone, "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps" has been premiered at 2010 Cannes Film Festival in May. This crime drama was initially scheduled for April 23 release before it is pushed back to September the same year.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says