London's High Court Family Division Granted Cheryl Cole a Divorce
Girls Aloud star Cheryl Cole has officially ended her marriage to England footballer husband Ashley Cole. Associated Press reported that London's High Court Family Division granted Cheryl a divorce on Friday, September 3.
Both Cheryl and Ashley didn't attend the London court hearing where District Judge Christopher Simmonds granted the then-couple a decree nisi. Cheryl and Ashley must now wait six weeks before a decree absolute is issued, officially ending their union.
Cheryl filed for divorce back in May, citing "unreasonable behavior" in her petition. The 27-year-old singer brought her marriage to an end amid allegations Ashley cheated on her with a string of women. The divorce papers also reportedly noted that when the singer "put it to him that he had been unfaithful," the footballer "admitted it".
During her estranged relationship with Ashley, Cheryl is romantically linked to dancer Derek Hough. And just hours before Cheryl and Ashley's divorce came through, Derek was spotted making a visit to the singer's hotel in Los Angeles, Daily Mail reported.
More Cheryl Cole News
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M