London's High Court Family Division Granted Cheryl Cole a Divorce
Girls Aloud star Cheryl Cole has officially ended her marriage to England footballer husband Ashley Cole. Associated Press reported that London's High Court Family Division granted Cheryl a divorce on Friday, September 3.
Both Cheryl and Ashley didn't attend the London court hearing where District Judge Christopher Simmonds granted the then-couple a decree nisi. Cheryl and Ashley must now wait six weeks before a decree absolute is issued, officially ending their union.
Cheryl filed for divorce back in May, citing "unreasonable behavior" in her petition. The 27-year-old singer brought her marriage to an end amid allegations Ashley cheated on her with a string of women. The divorce papers also reportedly noted that when the singer "put it to him that he had been unfaithful," the footballer "admitted it".
During her estranged relationship with Ashley, Cheryl is romantically linked to dancer Derek Hough. And just hours before Cheryl and Ashley's divorce came through, Derek was spotted making a visit to the singer's hotel in Los Angeles, Daily Mail reported.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture