London's High Court Family Division Granted Cheryl Cole a Divorce
Girls Aloud star Cheryl Cole has officially ended her marriage to England footballer husband Ashley Cole. Associated Press reported that London's High Court Family Division granted Cheryl a divorce on Friday, September 3.
Both Cheryl and Ashley didn't attend the London court hearing where District Judge Christopher Simmonds granted the then-couple a decree nisi. Cheryl and Ashley must now wait six weeks before a decree absolute is issued, officially ending their union.
Cheryl filed for divorce back in May, citing "unreasonable behavior" in her petition. The 27-year-old singer brought her marriage to an end amid allegations Ashley cheated on her with a string of women. The divorce papers also reportedly noted that when the singer "put it to him that he had been unfaithful," the footballer "admitted it".
During her estranged relationship with Ashley, Cheryl is romantically linked to dancer Derek Hough. And just hours before Cheryl and Ashley's divorce came through, Derek was spotted making a visit to the singer's hotel in Los Angeles, Daily Mail reported.
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video