home  |  celeb  |  music  |  movie  |  tv
Home > Movie News

'Transformers 3' Canceled Filming in Chicago Is Not Rescheduled

September 4, 2010, 2:37 am GMT

The shooting of final scenes in the city, which was suspended following the accident on September 1, will never take place.



"Transformers 3" has wrapped the production in Chicago earlier. The movie was scheduled to shoot the final scenes at Millennium Park on Thursday, September 2, but it was postponed due to an accident involving an extra on Wednesday. Now, it has been reported that the plan is canceled after all.

" 'Transformers [3]' has completed their filming in Chicago," Richard Moskal, director of the Chicago Film Office in the Mayor's Office of Special Events, says as quoted by Los Angeles Times. "The filming that was canceled [Thursday] was not rescheduled."

Gabriela Cedillo, who was injured on the set because of a stunt that went horribly wrong, remains unconscious as of Friday and is in critical but stable condition at Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, relatives say. "We haven't talked to her," says the 24-year-old bank teller's mother, Rosa Cedillo. The woman adds that there were no immediate plans for surgery, though Radar Online previously reported that Cedillo had undergone brain surgery the night after the accident happened.

Meanwhile, the production company has released a statement regarding the accident. "Our thoughts and prayers are with Gabriela, her family and loved ones. We are looking into what caused the accident," the statement reads.

"Transformers 3" is directed by Michael Bay and starring Shia LaBeouf as well as Rosie Huntington-Whiteley among many others. The action sci-fi movie is set to arrive in U.S. theaters on July 1, 2011.

TODAY'S HEADLINES

Switch to Desktop Version.