First Still of Tyler Perry's 'Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide'
A look at "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf" beauties has been obtained in a picture. Anika Noni Rose, Kerry Washington, Janet Jackson, Kimberly Elise, Phylicia Rashad, Loretta Devine, Tessa Thompson as well as Thandie Newton, donning outfit in various colors and styles, pose on what looks like a rooftop while embracing the one next to each of them.
"For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide" is another work of Tyler Perry. The filmmaker directs the movie, in addition to producing it alongside Paul Hall.
Beside those who have been mentioned above, the cast line up also includes Whoopi Goldberg and Macy Gray. This film feature is based on Ntozake Shange's award-winning 1975 play which features a series of 20 poems telling stories of love, abandonment, domestic abuse and other issues faced by black women.
Production for the movie was kicked off in summer this year in New York City. Initially slated for January 14, 2011 U.S. release, "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf" is now pushed back to November 5 of the same year.
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner