First Still of Tyler Perry's 'Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide'
A look at "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf" beauties has been obtained in a picture. Anika Noni Rose, Kerry Washington, Janet Jackson, Kimberly Elise, Phylicia Rashad, Loretta Devine, Tessa Thompson as well as Thandie Newton, donning outfit in various colors and styles, pose on what looks like a rooftop while embracing the one next to each of them.
"For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide" is another work of Tyler Perry. The filmmaker directs the movie, in addition to producing it alongside Paul Hall.
Beside those who have been mentioned above, the cast line up also includes Whoopi Goldberg and Macy Gray. This film feature is based on Ntozake Shange's award-winning 1975 play which features a series of 20 poems telling stories of love, abandonment, domestic abuse and other issues faced by black women.
Production for the movie was kicked off in summer this year in New York City. Initially slated for January 14, 2011 U.S. release, "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf" is now pushed back to November 5 of the same year.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story