First Still of Tyler Perry's 'Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide'
A look at "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf" beauties has been obtained in a picture. Anika Noni Rose, Kerry Washington, Janet Jackson, Kimberly Elise, Phylicia Rashad, Loretta Devine, Tessa Thompson as well as Thandie Newton, donning outfit in various colors and styles, pose on what looks like a rooftop while embracing the one next to each of them.
"For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide" is another work of Tyler Perry. The filmmaker directs the movie, in addition to producing it alongside Paul Hall.
Beside those who have been mentioned above, the cast line up also includes Whoopi Goldberg and Macy Gray. This film feature is based on Ntozake Shange's award-winning 1975 play which features a series of 20 poems telling stories of love, abandonment, domestic abuse and other issues faced by black women.
Production for the movie was kicked off in summer this year in New York City. Initially slated for January 14, 2011 U.S. release, "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf" is now pushed back to November 5 of the same year.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle