Clip: Demi Lovato Appears on 'America's Next Top Model'
More than just fashion, "America's Next Top Model" will have an episode where bullying is the theme of a day's photoshoot. In the second episode of cycle 15, the models are given offensive writings on their bodies and they have to project them right to the camera.
To help them understand fully the objective of the photoshoot, Tyra Banks invited Demi Lovato to the set. The girls who immediately recognize her are given a short speech from the Disney starlet who used to be the victim of bullies. "I heard what you guys are doing, I know firsthand what it's like to be called names," Lovato says. "They would call me fat and promiscuous. At the time when I was 12 years old, that was like the end of the world!"
Lovato then introduces a website where victims of bullying can get help. She has been working with Pacer Center's Teens Against Bullying Initiative closely and speaking for the organization. "Know that the end of bullying begins with us, so let's change the world," the 18-year-old says.
"America's Next Top Model" cycle 15 begins September 8 with 32 semi-finalists who head to Palm Springs, where they perfect their runway walk in clothing from Cynthia Rowley before being invited to a party hosted by the designer. Fourteen finalists will be one step closer to their dream as they prepare to move in to the Top Model house and have the chance to win the ultimate career-launching prize package.
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test
- Jinger Duggar Is Engaged to Former Pro Soccer Player Jeremy Vuolo
- Jimmy Page Breaks Silence on Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven' Plagiarism Trial
- James Corden's 'Carpool Karaoke' Turned Into Series on Apple
- Ariana Grande Splits From Ricky Alvarez After 1 Year of Dating
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub