Sequel for Sci-Fi Thriller 'Skyline' Already Planned
"Skyline" has caught people's attention when it was promoted at San Diego Comic Con last July, followed by the release of its teaser trailer. With this positive early reception, filmmakers are seemingly confident their movie will be successful that they reportedly have planned the sequel.
According to Variety, the film sales and distribution company IM Global will be selling some new titles at this year's Toronto International Film Festival that will run from September 9-19. And along with the previously announced Barry Levinson zombie eco-thriller "The Bay", Global will be shopping "Skyline 2".
There is no further detail about the alleged "Skyline" sequel, but co-director Greg Strause recently dished on the first film. "We have a character drama that plays out in this claustrophobic space," he told MTV Movie News. "Whenever we do leave the space, we have huge shots. The teaser [trailer] is the big, epic, visual side of it. When you see the next trailer, you'll get a sense of the claustrophobic, character side."
The filmmaker who works behind the lens for the upcoming sci-fi movie along with brother Colin Strause also revealed that the finished film contains 800 visual effects and employed just one day of green-screen work. Beside taking a short time in finishing the effects, "Skyline" is made with only a crew of about 20 people and was shot in Greg's house.
"Skyline" is set in Los Angeles where an extraterrestrial force threatens to swallow the entire human population off the face of the Earth. Donald Faison, Eric Balfour, David Zayas, Scottie Thompson and Brittany Daniel are among the cast ensemble of this movie, which will be dropped in U.S. theaters on November 12.
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed