Nicki Minaj Reveals 'Check It Out' Cover Art, to Perform at MTV VMAs Pre-Show
A cover art of Nicki Minaj's new single "Check It Out" has been unleashed. It features a graphic drawing of the female rapper wearing what seems to be a superhero suit along with her featured guest Black Eyed Peas' will.i.am.
In addition, Minaj has been announced as a performer at a VMAs pre-show which will be aired an hour ahead of the prize-giving event. She is set to warm up audience with her hit single "Your Love", saying "I am truly honored to be a part of this year's VMAs. Just yesterday I was an underground female rapper. See, Barbz? Dreams do come true."
To promote her live appearance, MTV uncovers a new ad featuring Minaj for the September 12 MTV Video Music Awards. "Ever since she was little, she dreamed of dominating the world of rap," a narrator said as a young Minaj is featured on the screen. "Now the world - and every man in it - is beneath her stilettos," the narrator continued. A grown-up Minaj then takes over, hopping a bike and racing it to the forthcoming star-studded live ceremony.
Nicki Minaj is tapped as a presenter of MTV VMAs along with the likes of Selena Gomez, Emma Stone, Penn Badgley, Trey Songz, Ashley Greene and Justin Timberlake. Aired live from Nokia Theater in Los Angeles on Sunday night at 9 P.M. ET/PT, the show will be hosted by Chelsea Handler and have Kanye West, Drake, Justin Bieber, B.o.B, Usher, Paramore and Eminem on the performers line-up.
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App