ABC to Develop Pilot of 'Paranormal Activity' Series
The tremendous success of indie flick "Paranormal Activity" is stretched much wider with a TV deal. The small screen viewers may soon have trouble sleeping for a TV show is being worked on based on the movie about unknown being which disturbs a young couple's sleep at nights.
Creator of the movie, Oren Peli, is teaming up with Dreamworks TV and ABC Studios to develop the series which is going to be called "The River". Executive producers Steven Schneider and Jason Blum who worked on the first installment and "Paranormal Activity 2" screenwriter Michael R. Perry are also involved in creating the horror series.
Not much different from the movie, "River" will show a recording from a video camera that captures inexplicable happenings. However, instead of being set in a bedroom like in the original movie, the series is bigger in spectrum by covering people who went missing on the Amazon River. A famed adventurer disappeared in the area and was looked for by his friends and crew.
This format has found relatively big success in two other movies, namely "Blair Witch Project" and "Cloverfield".
No idea when the project will come to life but THR said Dreamworks is "near a pilot deal" with ABC. And since this is a coveted project, ABC is bound to produce the pilot or a penalty is incurred. NBC is said as the other network which had an interest in the project.
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21