George Takei to Guest Star on 'Big Bang Theory'
"The Big Bang Theory" gang as well as fans of the show will overdose on amusing guest stars this season with the addition of George Takei to the list. To devoted fans of "Star Trek", Takei's name and face are familiar if not popular, and for Wolowitz, it is no different.
Bill Prady, the executive producer of "Big Bang" has confirmed via his Twitter that Takei would be in the new season's fourth episode which is scheduled to air on October 14. This would be the same episode where another nerd-icon Katee Sackhoff will make a guest starring appearance again. She has previously popped up as Wolowitz's conscience in season 3.
Like Sackhoff, Takei will play himself and only exist in Wolowitz's thought. In fact, Sackhoff and Takei may be the opposite polars of Wolowitz's conscience of what to do with his ex-girlfriend Bernadette. "George Takei plays himself, and he's the other person guiding Wolowitz in his thoughts as he tries to figure out what to do about Bernadette," Prady said in an interview with TV Squad.
Prady confirmed that Takei and Sackhoff will throw a line at each other but won't say whether they would appear on Wolowitz bathtub again like Sackhoff did last season.
Prady acknowledged his Twitter followers that he got off the phone with Takei on Wednesday, September 1 night. On why he thought Takei would agree to do "Big Bang", Prady suggested, "I think they do discuss being typecast in science-fiction shows." In addition to luring Takei and Sackhoff, the show has also successfully nabbed Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak to appear in the second episode.
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army