Angelina Jolie Refuses 'Gravity' Again, Puts Project in 'Danger'
Angelina Jolie has chosen to defy "Gravity". Despite being offered a big money, the mother of six has officially turned down the job, putting the project "in danger of falling back to Earth", Deadline Hollywood reports. The studio is reportedly facing a problem to get an actress to take the key role and draw audience.
Jolie had previously been courted by director Alfonso Cuaron to star in his film when the project was still at Universal Pictures. The 35-year-old beauty then backed out when the film landed at Warner Bros. Later, the studio approached the likes of Sandra Bullock, Natalie Portman, Naomi Watts with Scarlett Johansson and Blake Lively reported as the frontrunners.
However, it seems that Warner Bros. was unsure if any of these actresses "can hold the screen and draw an audience to an $80 million film" that they made a second offer to Jolie, but she turned it down again. Though notable actor Robert Downey Jr. is attached to star in the film, his role is quite small and he is never projected to carry "Gravity", Deadline further states.
"Gravity" has a script written by Alfonso Cuaron and his son Jonas. The story revolves around a female astronaut and her team leader on a remote space station. The other team members get wiped out by a debris field from an exploding satellite. The film will follow the female heroine as she attempts to return home to her child. Production is planned to start in 2011 after Downey Jr. completes "Sherlock Holmes 2".
Angelina Jolie has planned to make a Bosnian War Movie and kick off the principal photography in fall. She is additionally rumored close to land a lead role in "Unforgiven", which is based on 2009 British miniseries of the same title.
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018