Katy Perry Tops Hot 200, Beating Fantasia and Ending Eminem's Reign
Katy Perry scores her best week sale and first No. 1 record debut with sophomore set "Teenage Dream". The album bows 192,000 copies, outselling another new release Fantasia Barrino's "Back to Me" and former Billboard Hot 200 champ Eminem's "Recovery".
Since Katy claims the first position, Fantasia who pulls in 117,000 units is forced to land at the runner-up spot and the Slim Shady who adds 98,000 in the "Recovery" tenth week has to end his reign on the U.S. albums chart by falling to No. 3. "Before I purr off to dreamland I want to say THANK YOU! Thank you so much for my FIRST #1 RECORD DEBUT! I couldn't have done it without YOU," Katy thanked her fans on Twitter.
The impressive chart performance has made the "California Gurls" hitmaker the first solo female act to rule the albums chart since Ke$ha did so with "Animal" in January this year. Adding to the achievement which has been predicted by music experts since last week, Katy gets the album's title track moving up one spot from No. 2 to No. 1 on Digital Songs chart with additional 259,000.
Back on Hot 200, the chart is dominated by new entries like what happened last week. Usher's "Versus" arrives at No. 4, Little Big Town's "The Reason Why" follows at the next spot, Randy Rogers Band's "Burning the Day" lands at No. 8 and The Devil Wears Prada's "Zombie" rounds up the Top 10 in its opening week.
The last week's new entries which are able to stay at the Top 10 are Kem's "Intimacy" which drops from the second place to the sixth slot and Ray LaMontagne's "God Willin' & The Creek Don't Rise" which gives up its third place and sits at No. 9 this week. Another holdover is "My World 2.0" from Justin Bieber. The album manages to move up one spot to No. 7.
Top 10 of Billboard Hot 200:
- "Teenage Dream" - Katy Perry (192,000)
- "Back to Me" - Fantasia Barrino (117,000)
- "Recovery" - Eminem (98,000)
- "Versus" - Usher (46,000)
- "The Reason Why" - Little Big Town (42,000)
- "Intimacy" - Kem (30,000)
- "My World 2.0" - Justin Bieber (29,000)
- "Burning the Day" - Randy Rogers Band (29,000)
- "God Willin' & The Creek Don't Rise" - Ray LaMontagne (28,000)
- "Zombie" - The Devil Wears Prada (25,000)
More Katy Perry News
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz