Confirmed, 'Kick-Ass 2' Gets Green Light
"Kick-Ass 2" is apparently a go. In an interview with Radio 5 in the U.K., comic book writer Mark Millar has confirmed that the project has been given a green light because of the success of "Kick-Ass" on DVD.
"The estimate is [Kick-Ass] will do 100 to 150 million on DVD based on the American sales, you know, so it'll end up making a quarter of a billion on a 28 million investment. So It should be okay," Millar said as quoted by Comic Book Movie. "So the sequel's greenlit, we can go ahead and do the follow up now, you know. The first made so much compared to what it cost it would be crazy not to."
This report was first brought into attention by Ain't It Cool News which received some messages from viewers in England about Millar's statement on the radio show. A person with the name Dixie, moreover, informed that the sequel to the R-rated action movie will be based on "Millar's follow up comic".
Previously, Millar has shared his vision for the next "Kick-Ass" movie, particularly for Christopher Mintz-Plasse's Red Mist. "Red Mist surviving, becoming the super-villain was always planned," he said about the character who initially befriends Kick-Ass in the first film.
"Kick-Ass" is a story of average teenager Dave Lizewski who decides to take his comic-book obsession as inspiration to become a real-life superhero. Assembling green-colored suit and mask to wear, he opts to be called Kick-Ass and gets to work fighting crime.
Matthew Vaughn serves as helmer for this superhero-wannabe-themed movie with Aaron Johnson taking the titular role. After debuted in the U.S. on April 16, the film has collected $48 million from domestic ticket sales as of press time.
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'
- Kate Hudson Looks on Awkwardly as Ex Matt Bellamy Makes Out With Elle Evans in Greece
- Miley Cyrus Will Reportedly Release New Single in October
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation