Photo Gallery: 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 3 Premiere
Roughly a week before the third season begins airing on FX Network, the stars of "Sons of Anarchy" went out to celebrate in a special screening held on Monday, August 30. Press were allowed to capture the moment Charlie Hunnam, Ron Perlman, Katey Sagal and Maggie Siff walk down the red carpet.
In the third season, the aftermath of Abel's kidnapping has the Sons reeling, especially Jax, whose grief sends him into deeper turmoil over his future with the MC. Meanwhile, Gemma, still on the lam, is hit with some unexpected news from her past.
MovieWeb got the chance to talk to the stars during the red carpet event, catching up with Hunnam who plays Jack in the series. Asked about his character's development, Hunnam said, "There's a lot of resolution for Jax. It's really the season of the baby, I've got to go find my baby and that takes a little bit of time to do. "
In addition, Sagal described working with guest star Hal Holbrook who plays her father. "Well, as we left her, she was on the lam after having gotten retribution for something she had felt very close to her," Sagal recalled. "She felt very good about that, I think, for about 10 minutes. Then, being on the lam, what you find is Gemma away from her family, who she loves more than anything, and there she is on her own."
"She struggles with that and, ultimately, as we know, Hal Holbrook is in the show and she ends up finding her way to her parents' house. We'll find out a lot more about Gemma's history and the history of the club as the whole season unfolds, but the beginning we find out more about Gemma's history. What's going on in Charming is, of course, the baby has been abducted and the shit is flying, dude. Everybody is upset."
"Sons of Anarchy" returns with the episode simply called "So" on September 7. Meanwhile, the DVD and Blu-Ray of season 2 were released on August 31.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism