'The Pacific' Star Thrilled to Star in 'Breaking Dawn'
First casting news for "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn" has come out. Rami Malek has announced at ET's exclusive Emmy party that he lands a role in "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" and he seems to be very excited about his new job.
"I think it's going to be great," he gushes. As for his feeling to join the cast who include Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner, the 29-year-old American admits, "It's going to be super exciting and I'm thrilled." Though the article on ET Online does not mention the name of his character, some reports suggest he will portray Benjamin.
Benjamin, in "Breaking Dawn" novel, is described as an Egyptian coven who is called upon by the Cullen family to help them against the Volturi. He is a young vampire with the special ability of controlling the elements: earth, air, water, and fire. However, he has not gained full mastery over his powers.
The role will be just one of many new characters in "Breaking Dawn" movie, which will be split into two parts: "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I" due November 18 and "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" slated for November 16, 2012 release in the U.S. Bill Condon is on board to direct these two installments.
Rami Malek is best known for his portrayal of gay teenager Kenny on TV series "The War at Home". He also starred as Merriell "Snafu" Shelton on HBO miniseries "The Pacific". He is additionally set to star alongside Tom Hanks in 2011 film "Larry Crowne".
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion