'The Pacific' Star Thrilled to Star in 'Breaking Dawn'
First casting news for "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn" has come out. Rami Malek has announced at ET's exclusive Emmy party that he lands a role in "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" and he seems to be very excited about his new job.
"I think it's going to be great," he gushes. As for his feeling to join the cast who include Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner, the 29-year-old American admits, "It's going to be super exciting and I'm thrilled." Though the article on ET Online does not mention the name of his character, some reports suggest he will portray Benjamin.
Benjamin, in "Breaking Dawn" novel, is described as an Egyptian coven who is called upon by the Cullen family to help them against the Volturi. He is a young vampire with the special ability of controlling the elements: earth, air, water, and fire. However, he has not gained full mastery over his powers.
The role will be just one of many new characters in "Breaking Dawn" movie, which will be split into two parts: "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I" due November 18 and "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" slated for November 16, 2012 release in the U.S. Bill Condon is on board to direct these two installments.
Rami Malek is best known for his portrayal of gay teenager Kenny on TV series "The War at Home". He also starred as Merriell "Snafu" Shelton on HBO miniseries "The Pacific". He is additionally set to star alongside Tom Hanks in 2011 film "Larry Crowne".
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift