'The Pacific' Star Thrilled to Star in 'Breaking Dawn'
First casting news for "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn" has come out. Rami Malek has announced at ET's exclusive Emmy party that he lands a role in "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" and he seems to be very excited about his new job.
"I think it's going to be great," he gushes. As for his feeling to join the cast who include Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner, the 29-year-old American admits, "It's going to be super exciting and I'm thrilled." Though the article on ET Online does not mention the name of his character, some reports suggest he will portray Benjamin.
Benjamin, in "Breaking Dawn" novel, is described as an Egyptian coven who is called upon by the Cullen family to help them against the Volturi. He is a young vampire with the special ability of controlling the elements: earth, air, water, and fire. However, he has not gained full mastery over his powers.
The role will be just one of many new characters in "Breaking Dawn" movie, which will be split into two parts: "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I" due November 18 and "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" slated for November 16, 2012 release in the U.S. Bill Condon is on board to direct these two installments.
Rami Malek is best known for his portrayal of gay teenager Kenny on TV series "The War at Home". He also starred as Merriell "Snafu" Shelton on HBO miniseries "The Pacific". He is additionally set to star alongside Tom Hanks in 2011 film "Larry Crowne".
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz