'Grey's Anatomy' Wedding Couple Revealed
As Shonda Rhimes has revealed before, the seventh season of "Grey's Anatomy" would be kicked off with a wedding joy. The couple who will walk down the isle has now been revealed. As many have expected, Christina and Owen decide to get hitched and she would be occupied with the wedding plans in the season opener.
"The theme of this season is rebirth," Rhimes said in comparison to last season's bloody finale. "Everybody is sort of coming out of this very dark place [following last season's massacre]. And there was something really hopeful and beautiful about Cristina and Owen getting married."
However, not all of the couple's friends would be excited. Ellen Pompeo told TV Guide, "Meredith is worried that Cristina is getting married for the wrong reasons. She's traumatized after [the shooting] and she's rushing into marriage, which doesn't seem like the right move. It's not that she doesn't want her with Owen. ... There's just a little too much change there and Meredith is worried about Cristina's stability."
Asked whether the wedding would ultimately make everything bland between Owen and Cristina, Rhimes said, "It's really hard for Cristina and Owen to be boring. If Mer and Der are a lighter couple, Cristina and Owen are so fraught with their darkness and their twistiness that I can't imagine them getting boring ever."
"Grey's Anatomy" returns September 23 on ABC.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen