'Grey's Anatomy' Wedding Couple Revealed
As Shonda Rhimes has revealed before, the seventh season of "Grey's Anatomy" would be kicked off with a wedding joy. The couple who will walk down the isle has now been revealed. As many have expected, Christina and Owen decide to get hitched and she would be occupied with the wedding plans in the season opener.
"The theme of this season is rebirth," Rhimes said in comparison to last season's bloody finale. "Everybody is sort of coming out of this very dark place [following last season's massacre]. And there was something really hopeful and beautiful about Cristina and Owen getting married."
However, not all of the couple's friends would be excited. Ellen Pompeo told TV Guide, "Meredith is worried that Cristina is getting married for the wrong reasons. She's traumatized after [the shooting] and she's rushing into marriage, which doesn't seem like the right move. It's not that she doesn't want her with Owen. ... There's just a little too much change there and Meredith is worried about Cristina's stability."
Asked whether the wedding would ultimately make everything bland between Owen and Cristina, Rhimes said, "It's really hard for Cristina and Owen to be boring. If Mer and Der are a lighter couple, Cristina and Owen are so fraught with their darkness and their twistiness that I can't imagine them getting boring ever."
"Grey's Anatomy" returns September 23 on ABC.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!