'Grey's Anatomy' Wedding Couple Revealed
As Shonda Rhimes has revealed before, the seventh season of "Grey's Anatomy" would be kicked off with a wedding joy. The couple who will walk down the isle has now been revealed. As many have expected, Christina and Owen decide to get hitched and she would be occupied with the wedding plans in the season opener.
"The theme of this season is rebirth," Rhimes said in comparison to last season's bloody finale. "Everybody is sort of coming out of this very dark place [following last season's massacre]. And there was something really hopeful and beautiful about Cristina and Owen getting married."
However, not all of the couple's friends would be excited. Ellen Pompeo told TV Guide, "Meredith is worried that Cristina is getting married for the wrong reasons. She's traumatized after [the shooting] and she's rushing into marriage, which doesn't seem like the right move. It's not that she doesn't want her with Owen. ... There's just a little too much change there and Meredith is worried about Cristina's stability."
Asked whether the wedding would ultimately make everything bland between Owen and Cristina, Rhimes said, "It's really hard for Cristina and Owen to be boring. If Mer and Der are a lighter couple, Cristina and Owen are so fraught with their darkness and their twistiness that I can't imagine them getting boring ever."
"Grey's Anatomy" returns September 23 on ABC.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift