On-Set Photos of Steven Spielberg's 'War Horse' Emerge
Steven Spielberg is currently working on "War Horse" and a look at the film has been obtained in a form of on-set images. Wearing a white T-shirt topped with black jacket and matching cap, the 63-year-old filmmaker leads the shooting which involves several actors riding horses.
John, a reader who shares the pictures with Collider, informs that the set images were taken few weeks ago in Meavy, England. This is in line with what was reported by swns.com that the movie would be filmed in Dartmoor, Devon, where the small village is located.
"War Horse" is based on Michael Morpurgo's novel of the same title and set in 1914, when there is a beautiful bay-red foal called Joey with a distinctive cross on his nose that is sold to the army and thrust into the midst of the war on the Western Front. Joey's courage touches the soldiers around him and he is able to find warmth and hope. But his heart aches for Albert, the farmer's son he left behind.
Jeremy Irvine takes the role of Joey's younger owner, with other cast members including Peter Mullan, Emily Watson, David Thewlis, Stephen Graham, Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Hiddleston. Beside serving as a helmer, Steven Spielberg also produces "War Horse" alongside Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall and Revel Guest. The drama secures August 10, 2011 slot for U.S. release.
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise