Proposed to Push-Up Contest to Resolve RV Suit, Taylor Lautner Declines
"Twilight" hunk Taylor Lautner recently sued McMahon's RV for failing to deliver his trailer on time and now, he has been offered a unique way to resolve the case out of court. On Monday, August 31, Brent McMahon, the owner of the Irvine, California-based McMahon's RV, held a press conference and challenged Lautner to a push-up contest.
McMahon, accompanied by attorney Adam Obeid, revealed that Lautner asked for $40,000 before he filed the lawsuit. Now that he has offered the challenge, he promises to pay Lautner and his Shark Kid Entertainment the $40,000 cash if the actor manages to win the push-up contest. However, if Lautner loses, he has to donate the amount to Children's Hospital of Orange County.
"We're taking a negative and making it into a positive to benefit the sick children at Children's Hospital of Orange County," McMahon said during the press conference. As for how McMahon will win the chance to beat out super buff Lautner, Obeid shared, "He works out regularly. But he's a 47-year-old man. He's no Taylor Lautner."
On whether or not Lautner accepted the offer, the star's lawyer Robert Barta insisted that they turned down the proposal. Barta said in a statement as quoted by ABC News, "McMahon's RV's response to our client's legitimate claim further demonstrates the lack of professionalism that Mr. McMahon, his company and his employees have exhibited from the outset, and that compelled the filing of this lawsuit in the first place."
"This suit is not about a 'customized' RV, it is about McMahon's RV's refusal to deliver the vehicle in the safe, drivable condition that was promised, as every purchaser has the right to expect," the statement further read. However, Barta mentioned they welcomed a contribution to the charity.
"While we will not dignify Mr. McMahon's facetious suggestion of a contest to settle a legal claim with a response, we do welcome the opportunity for him to resolve this matter by making a $40,000 donation to the charity of Mr. Lautner's choice, and we will be in touch with his counsel to see if he will make good on this offer," Barta stated.
More Taylor Lautner News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri