Confirmed, 'Clash of the Titans 2' Hires Jonathan Liebesman as Helmer
Warner Bros. Pictures has tapped a man to work behind the lens for "Clash of the Titans 2". Following wide reports that Jonathan Liebesman is in talks to tackle the job, The Hollywood Reporter (THR) has confirmed that he indeed has signed a deal to serve as director for the upcoming movie.
Liebesman was said the frontrunner to helm this untitled Clash of the Titans sequel as Louis Leterrier, who directed the first film, opted not to return for the follow-up. Negotiations between the "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning" helmer and the studio were stretching through the summer with money mentioned as a factor.
"Clash of the Titans" sequel will reportedly start production as early as 2011 and be filmed in 3-D instead of being converted during post-production like the first movie. David Leslie Johnson and Dan Mazeau team up to write the screenplay for the upcoming epic movie. THR additionally reports that Sam Worthington and Gemma Arterton are among the actors expected to return for the second installment.
Jonathan Liebesman is best known for his works in horror films such as "Darkness Falls", "Rings" and "The Killing Room". His next project "Battle: Los Angeles", however, is an action sci-fi which focuses on One Marine platoon's encounter in the battle against an alien invasion on the streets of Los Angeles.
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby
- Ricky Gervais Is Back as David Brent in Hilarious 'Lady Gypsy' Music Video
- You'll Finally Get to Know More About This 'Gilmore Girls' Character on the Netflix Revival
- Chris Brown Kicked Out of Villa in Ibiza After Covering It in Urine and Vomit
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Enjoy Movie Date in L.A.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'