Adam Lambert Launches Twitter Rant Over Fashion Copycat Claim
"American Idol" alum Adam Lambert has thrown Twitter rant on Monday, August 30 over In Touch recent article which said "Willow's copying Adam's Style!, is Adam Lambert Willow Smith's inspiration? Sure looks like it." Adam began his tirade by linking the publication's page featuring him and Willow in several similar styles.
"Willow's a little badass lady but I don't think we have much in common! Lol. C'mon InTouch! This is a stretch," Adam wrote on his Twitter page. He later refreshed his fans' memories, writing "Didn't you hear? I'm copying Bill Kaulitz. So... In a round about way, so is she. Right? And he's copying Rihanna. In truth ladies and gentlemen... No one is copying anyone."
"Following trends is a stylist's job and part of ours is to appear fashionable. Leave the copy cat bull to the school playground," the "Whataya Want from Me" singer explained. "For example: the Xtina/(Lady) GaGa Conspiracy? Lets look just look at Madonna. Seems they were BOTH inspired by her. And she borrowed a page from Marilyn (Monroe)."
"(Amongst others) its the Post Modern age - everything's been done. Pop stars acknowledging something and editorializing on it is an art," Adam continued. "And to clarify before any media takes my rant out of context: I am a fan of all the artists I just mentioned! I love you Madonna, Marilyn, GaGa, XTina, Rihanna, Bill, and little Willow (for inspiring this rant and inTouch to begin with) btw girl - you fierce."
"Also anyone that took me too seriously just now needs to... NOT!" Adam noted. "While I'm ranting: whats with this 'FTW' or 'For The Win' phrase? Also, 'epic Fail'. I'm sick of these sayings. I don't even know why. I wish more people would invent their own sayings. Originality would be more... Original."
And as one of Bill's fans dissed Adam for dragging Bill's name into his rant, the star replied, "Haha i was actually giving him free publicity. Think of it as a birthday present. Lol."
Adam Lambert, who is currently in his North America tour to promote his debut album "For Your Entertainment", ended his Twitter rant with a message read, "Thanks for the entertainment! Goodnight and sweet dreams."
- Kate Winslet Opens Up About Being Fat-Shamed as a Child: 'They Called Me Blubber'
- Justin Bieber and Koutney Kardashian Secretly Hooking Up in 'Love Nest'
- First Possible 'Marvel's Defenders' Art Promo and Logo Arrive Online
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Meet Anthony Hopkins' Sidekick in New 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Motion Posters
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors