Darren Aronofsky and David Slade Are Current Contenders to Direct 'Wolverine 2'
The search of helmer for "Wolverine 2" has brought the name of Darren Aronofsky. The 41-year-old filmmaker is now competing with David Slade, who has been mentioned on the short list before, to occupy the directing seat of the "X-Men" spin-off, Deadline Hollywood reports.
Aronofsky has reportedly talked with Hugh Jackman who will take the lead role in addition to serving as a producer for the project. Similar to the "Black Swan" helmer, Slade has also had a meeting with the actor, who "holds a lot of clout in the decision," over the weekend during the shooting of Jackman's "Real Steel".
Jackman and Aronofsky already have a good history in working together when the Australian star took over the lead role in "The Fountain" after Brad Pitt dropped out of the film. However, "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" director, Slade, is said having a big chance to land the job as he has just finished "a big summer movie with large-scale effects, which makes the studio comfortable," Deadline says.
Previously, Robert Schwentke was also thrown as contender to direct "Wolverine 2". However, it is now reported that the man behind "The Time Traveler's Wife" opted out of the contention and eyes to work on other projects, such as Robert Ludlum's "The Osterman Weekend" and Ryan Reynolds-starring "R.I.P.D.".
"Wolverine 2" is scheduled to start shooting in early 2011 with Hugh Jackman reprising his role as Logan. The story reportedly will pick up where "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" ends and is set in Japan. Christopher McQuarrie has been hired to pen the script.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media