Slash Files for Divorce From Wife of Nine Years
Guitar legend Slash has filed for divorce from his wife of almost nine years, Perla Ferrar. The former Guns N' Roses guitarist entered the legal papers in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Monday, August 30, People reported.
"I can confirm the divorce papers were filed and from Slash's perspective the split is amicable," a rep for Slash, real name Saul Hudson, told the site. In the documents, Slash cited irreconcilable differences and listed July 15 as the date of separation.
TMZ additionally reported that Slash is asking for joint physical and legal custody of their children. According to the papers, the 45-year-old star is willing to pay spousal support. There is no prenuptial agreement. Sources told the site that the separation "is extremely acrimonious".
Slash and Perla Ferrar tied the knot in October 2001. Together, they have two sons, London Emilio and Cash Anthony. For the divorce process, Slash hires attorney Laura Wasser, who has handled dissolution for some high-profile clients, including Britney Spears, Angelina Jolie and Kiefer Sutherland.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?