Slash Files for Divorce From Wife of Nine Years
Guitar legend Slash has filed for divorce from his wife of almost nine years, Perla Ferrar. The former Guns N' Roses guitarist entered the legal papers in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Monday, August 30, People reported.
"I can confirm the divorce papers were filed and from Slash's perspective the split is amicable," a rep for Slash, real name Saul Hudson, told the site. In the documents, Slash cited irreconcilable differences and listed July 15 as the date of separation.
TMZ additionally reported that Slash is asking for joint physical and legal custody of their children. According to the papers, the 45-year-old star is willing to pay spousal support. There is no prenuptial agreement. Sources told the site that the separation "is extremely acrimonious".
Slash and Perla Ferrar tied the knot in October 2001. Together, they have two sons, London Emilio and Cash Anthony. For the divorce process, Slash hires attorney Laura Wasser, who has handled dissolution for some high-profile clients, including Britney Spears, Angelina Jolie and Kiefer Sutherland.
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale
- 'Toy Story 4' Release Date Delayed Again, 'The Incredibles 2' Moved Up
- Tom Cruise Secretly Romancing a British Woman and He's 'Serious' About It
- Kim Kardashian Concierge Says Robbers Didn't Want Her Jewelry. What Were They After, Then?
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series