Fans Gather to Celebrate Michael Jackson's 52nd Birthday
Sunday, August 29 marked Michael Jackson's 52nd birthday. And although the King of Pop had passed away on June 25, 2009, his devotees have proven that they haven't forgotten the super star. During the special day, fans gathered and paid tribute at the star's grave site at Forest Lawn in Glendale, California.
On the memorial parks, Michael's fans laid various bucket of flowers, including red roses, sunflowers and daisies, and also best wishes they penned for the late star. One fan paid homage to Michael by putting the "Smooth Criminal" singer's photo in a big yellow board with a message read, "I love you Michael. Sending kisses to you up above."
Many of other Michael's fans also celebrated the birthday outside the singer's childhood home in Gary, Indiana. Gary Mayor Rudy Clay also took part at the celebration, telling crowds "The passing of our favorite son, Michael Jackson, is still fresh in our hearts. A year later, on the day before his birthday, we honor his memory as a great and giving person and as the world's greatest entertainer."
Meanwhile, a day earlier, more than 1,257 people gathered in front of the Riverside County Courthouse to set a record for the most people dancing to Michael's "Thriller", My Desert reported. However, the mass dance still couldn't fight off West Bend, Wisconsin's national record with 1,820 spectators. Mexico City, in the meantime, holds the world record with more than 15,000 dancers in August 2009.
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death