Fans Gather to Celebrate Michael Jackson's 52nd Birthday
Sunday, August 29 marked Michael Jackson's 52nd birthday. And although the King of Pop had passed away on June 25, 2009, his devotees have proven that they haven't forgotten the super star. During the special day, fans gathered and paid tribute at the star's grave site at Forest Lawn in Glendale, California.
On the memorial parks, Michael's fans laid various bucket of flowers, including red roses, sunflowers and daisies, and also best wishes they penned for the late star. One fan paid homage to Michael by putting the "Smooth Criminal" singer's photo in a big yellow board with a message read, "I love you Michael. Sending kisses to you up above."
Many of other Michael's fans also celebrated the birthday outside the singer's childhood home in Gary, Indiana. Gary Mayor Rudy Clay also took part at the celebration, telling crowds "The passing of our favorite son, Michael Jackson, is still fresh in our hearts. A year later, on the day before his birthday, we honor his memory as a great and giving person and as the world's greatest entertainer."
Meanwhile, a day earlier, more than 1,257 people gathered in front of the Riverside County Courthouse to set a record for the most people dancing to Michael's "Thriller", My Desert reported. However, the mass dance still couldn't fight off West Bend, Wisconsin's national record with 1,820 spectators. Mexico City, in the meantime, holds the world record with more than 15,000 dancers in August 2009.
More Michael Jackson News
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift