Fans Gather to Celebrate Michael Jackson's 52nd Birthday
Sunday, August 29 marked Michael Jackson's 52nd birthday. And although the King of Pop had passed away on June 25, 2009, his devotees have proven that they haven't forgotten the super star. During the special day, fans gathered and paid tribute at the star's grave site at Forest Lawn in Glendale, California.
On the memorial parks, Michael's fans laid various bucket of flowers, including red roses, sunflowers and daisies, and also best wishes they penned for the late star. One fan paid homage to Michael by putting the "Smooth Criminal" singer's photo in a big yellow board with a message read, "I love you Michael. Sending kisses to you up above."
Many of other Michael's fans also celebrated the birthday outside the singer's childhood home in Gary, Indiana. Gary Mayor Rudy Clay also took part at the celebration, telling crowds "The passing of our favorite son, Michael Jackson, is still fresh in our hearts. A year later, on the day before his birthday, we honor his memory as a great and giving person and as the world's greatest entertainer."
Meanwhile, a day earlier, more than 1,257 people gathered in front of the Riverside County Courthouse to set a record for the most people dancing to Michael's "Thriller", My Desert reported. However, the mass dance still couldn't fight off West Bend, Wisconsin's national record with 1,820 spectators. Mexico City, in the meantime, holds the world record with more than 15,000 dancers in August 2009.
More Michael Jackson News
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does