Warner Bros. to Spend $200 Million on 3-D Epic 'Battle of Midway'
Warner Bros. Pictures is developing a World War II film, Deadline Hollywood reports. According to the site, the studio has bought "The Battle of Midway", a pitch from Bruce C. McKenna who previously wrote the script for some episodes of HBO's "The Pacific".
Moreover, it is said that Warner Bros. has put the upcoming project on a fast track as McKenna is expected to turn in a script within eight weeks. The movie is rumored to carry a price tag of around $200 million and will be made in 3-D, with Akiva Goldsman serving as producer.
The upcoming epic film will focus on the turning point of the June 4-6, 1942 event and take place six months after the demoralizing surprise attack on Pearl Harbor. "When it was over, the supremacy of the Imperial Japanese Navy was lost along with 4 of its aircraft carriers and 1 heavy cruiser. The Japanese never recovered," Deadline further describes.
The Battle of Midway has been turned into films for several times. In 1942, John Ford directed Oscar-winning "The Battle of Midway" using actual battle footage shot by the Navy. Later in 1976, there was "Midway" starring Charlton Heston, Henry Fonda, James Coburn and Hal Holbrook.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video