Rihanna Reportedly to Release 'Cheers' Instead of 'Only Girl'
While media has been hyping "Only Girl" as the first offering from Rihanna's upcoming album, new report has just arrived, claiming it's a song called "Cheers" which will be the lead single. Perez Hilton who first spread the rumor said the song contains upbeat tune just like the rumored description of "Only Girl".
It's unclear whether "Only Girl" and "Cheers" are two different songs or they're just the same song with a name change. Z100 Radio DJ Sharon Dastur has got the first listen to the latter song and she had this to say as quoted by Blazing Swarm, "What I heard blew me away: It's upbeat, happy party music. I think on her last [album], listeners liked the darker stuff, but they didn't love it. This is a return to the fun stuff."
Rihanna herself said nothing about the rumor on Twitter. Instead, she tweeted a picture of herself with a new hair-do. "HAWAII...Hawaii...hawaii......who wouldn't want to work here for 2 weeks," the songstress wrote. She reportedly stays in the island to shoot her new movie "Battleship" but there is also a word that she might shoot a music video there.
More Rihanna News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet