Rihanna Reportedly to Release 'Cheers' Instead of 'Only Girl'
While media has been hyping "Only Girl" as the first offering from Rihanna's upcoming album, new report has just arrived, claiming it's a song called "Cheers" which will be the lead single. Perez Hilton who first spread the rumor said the song contains upbeat tune just like the rumored description of "Only Girl".
It's unclear whether "Only Girl" and "Cheers" are two different songs or they're just the same song with a name change. Z100 Radio DJ Sharon Dastur has got the first listen to the latter song and she had this to say as quoted by Blazing Swarm, "What I heard blew me away: It's upbeat, happy party music. I think on her last [album], listeners liked the darker stuff, but they didn't love it. This is a return to the fun stuff."
Rihanna herself said nothing about the rumor on Twitter. Instead, she tweeted a picture of herself with a new hair-do. "HAWAII...Hawaii...hawaii......who wouldn't want to work here for 2 weeks," the songstress wrote. She reportedly stays in the island to shoot her new movie "Battleship" but there is also a word that she might shoot a music video there.
More Rihanna News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle