Melanie Brown's Husband: Our Marriage Is Over
Melanie Brown's producer husband Stephen Belafonte claimed his marriage to the Spice Girls star is over. During a recent interview with Britain's Sunday Mirror, Belafonte confessed, "Dude, it's over. Mel's coming back to the U.K. soon - but I won't be coming with her."
"There's been problems lately. I don't know what's happening," Belafonte added. The site further reported that the producer has talked to lawyers in Los Angeles about a divorce from Brown. The singer, in the meantime, hasn't given any comment about the claim yet. She also didn't mention about the matter on her Twitter page.
Adding to the separation claim, a friend of Brown told the site, "They've not been happy for a long time and there's been rowing. Mel's been talking about getting out. They're still talking to see if things can be worked out. But she's making plans to come back to the U.K. on a more permanent basis. Stephen hasn't been mentioned as joining her and has been consulting lawyers."
As for the reason behind the alleged split, the pal revealed, "Part of the problem is jealousy. They are both livid when the other one gets attention for another person. They constantly want to know where the other one is... it's been an ongoing problem right from the start."
After dating for almost four months, Melanie Brown and Stephen Belafonte quietly tied the knot in Las Vegas, Nevada on June 6, 2007. Brown has two children, Phoenix, with first husband Jimmy Gulzar, and Angel from her previous relationship with Eddie Murphy.
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Panties in New Seductive Pic for Love Magazine
- Lindsay Lohan Really Wants to Play Ariel in 'The Little Mermaid'
- 'Veep': Selina Will Spread Democracy Like 'Patient Zero' in First Teaser for Season 6
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic Slammed by Fans for Blatant Inaccuracies
- Sofia Richie Flashes Nipples in Boob-Baring Outfit at London Fashion Week
- Chelsea Clinton Trolls President Trump on Twitter for His Baffling Sweden Comment
- 'Atlanta', 'Moonlight' and 'The Americans' Among Winners of 2017 Writers Guild Awards
- Artist of the Week: Chance The Rapper