Melanie Brown's Husband: Our Marriage Is Over
Melanie Brown's producer husband Stephen Belafonte claimed his marriage to the Spice Girls star is over. During a recent interview with Britain's Sunday Mirror, Belafonte confessed, "Dude, it's over. Mel's coming back to the U.K. soon - but I won't be coming with her."
"There's been problems lately. I don't know what's happening," Belafonte added. The site further reported that the producer has talked to lawyers in Los Angeles about a divorce from Brown. The singer, in the meantime, hasn't given any comment about the claim yet. She also didn't mention about the matter on her Twitter page.
Adding to the separation claim, a friend of Brown told the site, "They've not been happy for a long time and there's been rowing. Mel's been talking about getting out. They're still talking to see if things can be worked out. But she's making plans to come back to the U.K. on a more permanent basis. Stephen hasn't been mentioned as joining her and has been consulting lawyers."
As for the reason behind the alleged split, the pal revealed, "Part of the problem is jealousy. They are both livid when the other one gets attention for another person. They constantly want to know where the other one is... it's been an ongoing problem right from the start."
After dating for almost four months, Melanie Brown and Stephen Belafonte quietly tied the knot in Las Vegas, Nevada on June 6, 2007. Brown has two children, Phoenix, with first husband Jimmy Gulzar, and Angel from her previous relationship with Eddie Murphy.
More Melanie Brown News
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier