Artist of the Week: Disturbed
A decade after breaking into music industry with debut album "The Sickness", Disturbed already made a name as one of the most passionate and renowned bands in the hard rock universe. The Grammy-nominated group scored No. 1 albums with "Believe" (2002), "Ten Thousand Fists" (2005) and "Indestructible" (2008), becoming one of only six rock bands in history to have three consecutive chart toppers.
All of those accomplishments then pushed Disturbed to a more advanced level of "maturation and enhanced complexity" by launching their "Asylum". They want to show that they are not only a dependable source of pummeling riffs and jackhammer beats, but also an out-loud sound of personal and political insights into today's troubled times.
Fearlessly stepping into a new territory, the four-piece band bring forward environmental theme in the lead single "Another Way to Die". Guitarist Dan Donegan said, "Thematically, the song's about global warming and how the choices we make affect the planet. It's a new topic for us, and it'll hopefully raise a little awareness."
From talking about the abuse humans have done to planet Earth, they continue exploring dramatic elements such as pain, loss, suffering and remorse in other songs. Overall, they hope the record which is going to arrive in the United States on August 31 could be a "haven you go to when times are tough."
"We want fans to walk away from this record with strength and release," frontman David Draiman explained. "That's exactly what Asylum's supposed to be. Hopefully, this is an album for people to deal with the insanity of today's times; it's another piece of music to help get you through the chaos and madness of the world in which we live."
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says