Artist of the Week: Disturbed
A decade after breaking into music industry with debut album "The Sickness", Disturbed already made a name as one of the most passionate and renowned bands in the hard rock universe. The Grammy-nominated group scored No. 1 albums with "Believe" (2002), "Ten Thousand Fists" (2005) and "Indestructible" (2008), becoming one of only six rock bands in history to have three consecutive chart toppers.
All of those accomplishments then pushed Disturbed to a more advanced level of "maturation and enhanced complexity" by launching their "Asylum". They want to show that they are not only a dependable source of pummeling riffs and jackhammer beats, but also an out-loud sound of personal and political insights into today's troubled times.
Fearlessly stepping into a new territory, the four-piece band bring forward environmental theme in the lead single "Another Way to Die". Guitarist Dan Donegan said, "Thematically, the song's about global warming and how the choices we make affect the planet. It's a new topic for us, and it'll hopefully raise a little awareness."
From talking about the abuse humans have done to planet Earth, they continue exploring dramatic elements such as pain, loss, suffering and remorse in other songs. Overall, they hope the record which is going to arrive in the United States on August 31 could be a "haven you go to when times are tough."
"We want fans to walk away from this record with strength and release," frontman David Draiman explained. "That's exactly what Asylum's supposed to be. Hopefully, this is an album for people to deal with the insanity of today's times; it's another piece of music to help get you through the chaos and madness of the world in which we live."
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'
- Chloe Moretz: 'I Wanted a Boob Job and Butt Reduction' at Age 16
- Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk Talk About Building a Future and Having Kids Together
- Check Out These New 'Fast 8' Ice Cars From Iceland Set
- Kelly Clarkson Signs With Atlantic Records, Readies Soul Album for Next Year
- Jesse Is Back on 'The Flash' in Season 3. Will She Turn Into Speedster?
- Justin Bieber Sprains His Ankle After Basketball Game, Tells Fans Not to Worry