2010 Emmys: Jimmy Fallon Singing as Elton John, Boyz II Men and Green Day
After rocking the stage with his star-studded crew for the opening number of the 62nd Annual Emmy Awards, Jimmy Fallon once again took the mic. This time around, the host dedicated his performance to "three shows we lost this year."
First, the comedian was dressed as Elton John, wearing flowery outfit and delivering his own version of "Candle in the Wind" behind a pink grand piano in a bid to say goodbye to Kiefer Sutherland-starring TV series "24". He sang, "Goodbye '24'/ Though I never watched you on TV/ I missed one episode/ Had to buy the DVDs."
Next, Fallon channeled a member of Boyz II Men. He changed the lyrics of "It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday" as a salute to "Law & Order" which comes to an end this year after 10 years airing. "How do I say goodbye, 'Law & Order'?/ The good crimes, that changing cast/ I thought we'd get to season 21, but now that sound has gone away," he crooned.
The last musical tribute saw Fallon performing as Green Day's Billy Joe Armstrong. He brought a guitar and rocked the event with "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)". "The island it was mythical, but in the end they died/ I didn't understand it, but I tried," he sang as a nod to "Lost".
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His 'SNL' Debut