2010 Emmys: Jimmy Fallon and 'Glee' Bring Tina Fey but Snub Kate Gosselin
Before the winners are announced, Jimmy Fallon treated people attending this year's Emmy Awards with a star-studded opening skit. In a taped segment, the comedian teamed up with "Glee" cast to raise money since they couldn't afford to attend the August 29 prize-giving event. They walked through the backstage, looking for more people to join their crew.
They tapped Tina Fey of "30 Rock", Jane Lynch who was dressed as her "Glee" character Sue Sylvester, "Lost" star Jorge Garcia, "The Vampire Diaries" actress Nina Dobrev and "Community" actor Joel McHale. On their way to recruit them, Fallon and Fey were slushed.
"Mad Men" hunk Jon Hamm was spotted by Fallon and his dance troupe in the make-up room when he was practicing "some sweet dance moves" with his coach Betty White. "C'mon, do the hippety hop. Now back that mother up," the 88-year-old comedienne said. Kate Gosselin actually also offered to be part of the team, but the mother of eight was deliberately snubbed. "Thank you Kate," Fallon said. Fey added, "We already have way too many people."
The next thing was, Fallon and the newly-formed group broke into dancing and singing sequence to Bruce Springsteen's "Born to Run". Before appearing live on the stage of Nokia Theater, Fallon's dirty shirt was ripped off, leaving only his white T-shirt and denims. With his Springsteen's signature outfit, he strapped a guitar and rocked the stage with his crew. "American Idol" judge Randy Jackson joined them as additional member.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance