2010 Emmys: Bryan Cranston and Kyra Sedgwick Win Drama Nods
Bryan Cranston successfully went home with an Emmy on Sunday, August 29 night when the Primetime Emmy Awards is running at Nokia Theater. This is the third win for Cranston in the category of Best Lead Actor in Drama. The depicter of Walt White on AMC's "Breaking Bad" won over Michael C. Hall, Jon Hamm, Kyle Chandler, Hugh Laurie and Matthew Fox.
In the Lead Actress category, "The Closer" star Kyra Sedgwick managed to steal the trophy from January Jones, Mariska Hargitay, Glenn Close, Connie Britton and Julianna Margulies. Sedgwick's win is particularly fulfilling for she has been nominated in the category for the last five years and never won until now.
Earlier in the evening, Archie Panjabi wins the Best Supporting Actress Emmy for "The Good Wife" while Aaron Paul completes "Breaking Bad" victory in the acting drama category when he was announced as the winner of Best Supporting Actor.
Other winners which were announced during the ceremony included Steve Shill who won Best Director of a Drama Series for "Dexter", Matthew Weiner who won Best Writing on a Drama Series for "Mad Men" and Steve Levitan and Christopher Lloyd who grabbed Best Writing in a Comedy Series for "Modern Family". In addition, "Top Chef" was declared Best Reality Competition.
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Bella Hadid Set to Make Her Victoria's Secret Debut, Gigi Hadid Confirmed to Return
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image