2010 Emmys: Edie Falco and Jim Parsons Win Comedy Lead
"Tonight we're going to celebrate your work," host Jimmy Fallon told the audience before the Primetime Emmy Awards began on Sunday, August 29. Shortly after, names like Edie Falco and Jim Parsons were called to ascend the stage and receive the honor of their work.
Falco is the winner of Best Leading Actress in a Comedy for Showtime's "Nurse Jackie". She said on the acceptance speech, "Oh, this is the most ridiculous thing that has ever happened in the history of this awards show. I'm not funny!". Parsons is the winner of the Leading Actor in Comedy for CBS' "The Big Bang Theory". "Now I know how much I didn't think this was going to happen. Some of you apparently voted for me. That was very sweet," Parsons said.
Falco and Parsons are only two of the winners which were announced in the first half hour of the event. Eric Stonestreet from "Modern Family" and Jane Lynch from "Glee" were handed the Best Supporting nods in Comedy. Stonestreet who portrayed a gay with a clown as his past job said, "All I wanted to be was a clown in the circus when I was a kid growing up." Lynch thanked her partner Lara Embry and "Glee" creator Ryan Murphy "for creating this role."
The 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards is airing live on NBC from Nokia Theater, kicked off by a musical number using "Born to Run".
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala