2010 Emmys: Edie Falco and Jim Parsons Win Comedy Lead
"Tonight we're going to celebrate your work," host Jimmy Fallon told the audience before the Primetime Emmy Awards began on Sunday, August 29. Shortly after, names like Edie Falco and Jim Parsons were called to ascend the stage and receive the honor of their work.
Falco is the winner of Best Leading Actress in a Comedy for Showtime's "Nurse Jackie". She said on the acceptance speech, "Oh, this is the most ridiculous thing that has ever happened in the history of this awards show. I'm not funny!". Parsons is the winner of the Leading Actor in Comedy for CBS' "The Big Bang Theory". "Now I know how much I didn't think this was going to happen. Some of you apparently voted for me. That was very sweet," Parsons said.
Falco and Parsons are only two of the winners which were announced in the first half hour of the event. Eric Stonestreet from "Modern Family" and Jane Lynch from "Glee" were handed the Best Supporting nods in Comedy. Stonestreet who portrayed a gay with a clown as his past job said, "All I wanted to be was a clown in the circus when I was a kid growing up." Lynch thanked her partner Lara Embry and "Glee" creator Ryan Murphy "for creating this role."
The 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards is airing live on NBC from Nokia Theater, kicked off by a musical number using "Born to Run".
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?