Pictures: Katy Perry Brings Cotton Candy Cloud to 'Today' Show
Rockefeller Center was decorated with giant Gummi Bears and lollipops on August 27. Katy Perry who dressed in pink bedazzled outfit landed on the stage in a cotton candy cloud, a reminder that she was there to promote her new album "Teenage Dream" which happened to have cotton candy-themed cover art.
The Candyfornia theme was not picked without a reason. Knowing that many of her fans camped out to attend the gig, she wanted to greet them with the joy on the Friday morning, saying "Well, I wanted to bring something sweet and it's so early in the morning and lots of people are cranky ... a spoonful makes everyone feel better."
Perry kicked off the concert with Snoop Dogg-assisted single "California Gurls" sans the rapper. Later, she wore a pink tutu and delivered the title track of the August 24 release. In between the performances, she managed to sign autographs for the concertgoers.
Also, the pop singer did an interview with hosts Natalie Morales and Ann Curry. When asked about her own teenage dream, Perry said it's her fiance Russell Brand. Before exiting the stage and closing the gig, she catered fans with her claim-fame single "I Kissed a Girl".
While NBC held concert to celebrate Katy Perry's summer release, MySpace preferred to unveil the making of "Teenage Dream" music video to add the media hype of the album.
More Katy Perry News
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR
- Mariah Carey Plans to Throw More 'Subtle Shade' at Nicki Minaj
- Report: Generous George Clooney Under FBI Investigation for Money Laundering
- 'Justice League' Character Posters and Teasers Are Out, First Trailer Will Be Released Soon
- 'Twin Peaks' Revival: First Photos and Details Are Revealed
- FOX's' X-Men' Pilot 'Gifted' Unveils First BTS Photo Featuring Amy Acker