Pictures: Katy Perry Brings Cotton Candy Cloud to 'Today' Show
Rockefeller Center was decorated with giant Gummi Bears and lollipops on August 27. Katy Perry who dressed in pink bedazzled outfit landed on the stage in a cotton candy cloud, a reminder that she was there to promote her new album "Teenage Dream" which happened to have cotton candy-themed cover art.
The Candyfornia theme was not picked without a reason. Knowing that many of her fans camped out to attend the gig, she wanted to greet them with the joy on the Friday morning, saying "Well, I wanted to bring something sweet and it's so early in the morning and lots of people are cranky ... a spoonful makes everyone feel better."
Perry kicked off the concert with Snoop Dogg-assisted single "California Gurls" sans the rapper. Later, she wore a pink tutu and delivered the title track of the August 24 release. In between the performances, she managed to sign autographs for the concertgoers.
Also, the pop singer did an interview with hosts Natalie Morales and Ann Curry. When asked about her own teenage dream, Perry said it's her fiance Russell Brand. Before exiting the stage and closing the gig, she catered fans with her claim-fame single "I Kissed a Girl".
While NBC held concert to celebrate Katy Perry's summer release, MySpace preferred to unveil the making of "Teenage Dream" music video to add the media hype of the album.
More Katy Perry News
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?