Vanessa Williams Dominates 'Desperate Housewives' Promo Pic
Goodbye Eddie, hello Renee. Vanessa Williams is put front and center on the new promo picture of "Desperate Housewives" season 7 as the new housewife who will reside on Wisteria Lane. The rest of the cast such as Teri Hatcher and Eva Longoria surrounded her in jeans and sleeveless tops.
Renee is a face from Lynette's past who comes to the neighborhood after her marriage to a Major League baseball player is thrown into jeopardy. This character, like the rest of the women on the show, has an eye for young men and this will show in Renee's rivalry against Bree.
Brian Austin Green has been hired to be a repairman named Keith who catches Bree's attention. "Bree has an instant physical attraction to him," executive producer Bob Daly said. "But then over time it turns into something more."
The relationship begins on the season premiere on September 26 and becomes intense as Renee enters the picture. "Suddenly by episode 4 they're both going after him," added Daly. "So there's a little competition for Brian Austin Green."
Speaking of how she would portray the cougar, Williams made a comparison to her character as Wilhelmina Slater on "Ugly Betty". She said, "I hope I bring a little glamor, a little of the outside, out-of-town girl into Wisteria Lane. But I can't be in another show. It's not Betty World."
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers