Lil Wayne Premieres 'Ground Zero' Video, to Release 'Tha Carter IV' on Nov. 5
A music video for "Ground Zero", a track which is taken from Lil Wayne's seventh studio album "Rebirth", has been debuted via Motion Dose. The clip includes the incarcerated rap mogul rocking major live concerts with additional narrative footage featuring two female friends.
Elsewhere, Weezy's new album "Tha Carter IV" is planned to be released on November 5, the day he gets out of jail. The announcement was made by Young Money president Mack Maine who told MTV that despite staying behind bars, Weezy was deeply involved in deciding which track made the cut and which didn't.
"We had a listening session out here," Maine explained. "I let [Weezy] know these are the ones we picked. He already picked six of them from back there. ... I book him a studio session and let him listen [to tracks] over the phone."
Instead of rushing to release a single as a teaser for the upcoming release, Maine said they actually consider to hold all the tracks until the album release. "We might just drop the album that day. Just hope it don't leak out and drop it that day. I think it would be crazy, the anticipation," he gushed.
Beside preparing for "Tha Carter IV" release, Lil Wayne also gets ready to drop another effort "I'm Not a Human Being" on his birthday, September 27. Most recently, he returned to Hot 100 by debuting at number six with lead single "Right Above It" which features Drake.
Lil Wayne's "Ground Zero" music video
More Lil Wayne News
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell