Lil Wayne Premieres 'Ground Zero' Video, to Release 'Tha Carter IV' on Nov. 5
A music video for "Ground Zero", a track which is taken from Lil Wayne's seventh studio album "Rebirth", has been debuted via Motion Dose. The clip includes the incarcerated rap mogul rocking major live concerts with additional narrative footage featuring two female friends.
Elsewhere, Weezy's new album "Tha Carter IV" is planned to be released on November 5, the day he gets out of jail. The announcement was made by Young Money president Mack Maine who told MTV that despite staying behind bars, Weezy was deeply involved in deciding which track made the cut and which didn't.
"We had a listening session out here," Maine explained. "I let [Weezy] know these are the ones we picked. He already picked six of them from back there. ... I book him a studio session and let him listen [to tracks] over the phone."
Instead of rushing to release a single as a teaser for the upcoming release, Maine said they actually consider to hold all the tracks until the album release. "We might just drop the album that day. Just hope it don't leak out and drop it that day. I think it would be crazy, the anticipation," he gushed.
Beside preparing for "Tha Carter IV" release, Lil Wayne also gets ready to drop another effort "I'm Not a Human Being" on his birthday, September 27. Most recently, he returned to Hot 100 by debuting at number six with lead single "Right Above It" which features Drake.
More Lil Wayne News
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child