'Mission: Impossible IV' May Get New Title and Kristin Kreuk as Female Operative
On the heels of Jeremy Renner casting news, "Mission: Impossible IV" has sparked a new rumor. According to Variety, the film could get a new title which does not even make reference to the widely known franchise. "It's possible that the title won't even include the familiar moniker," an insider told the site.
At almost the same time, Deadline Hollywood heard another buzz regarding the project. This fourth "Mission: Impossible" movie allegedly has a part for a young female operative, and Kristin Kreuk ("Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li"), Lauren German ("Happy Town") and Paula Patton ("Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire") are testing for the role.
"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" star Noomi Rapace has previously been said being wanted for "Mission: Impossible IV", but it has not been known whether she is circling the same role. The Swedish actress was expected to meet the film's director Brad Bird this week in Hollywood.
"Mission: Impossible IV" will still see Tom Cruise reprising his role as Ethan Hunt. Jeremy Renner is tapped to co-star Cruise and set to continue the action film franchise should Hunt not become the focus anymore in the future.
Beside starring in it, Cruise will also produce the upcoming flick alongside J.J. Abrams and Paula Wagner. Josh Applebaum and Andre Nemec are writing the script while Paramount Pictures plans to drop the movie in U.S. cinemas on December 16.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video