Brad Pitt Is 'Perfect' for 'Red Dead Redemption' Film
Brad Pitt could land another coveted role in his acting career. The living partner of Angelina Jolie has allegedly become a favorite candidate to play John Marston in an upcoming movie based on "Red Dead Redemption" video game.
"This is an exciting project with a great character at the center of it," a source tells Showbiz Spy about the project. "The idea is to make this in the style of an epic Western movie but with a few modern touches." On the 46-year-old star's possible involvement in the movie, the source additionally reveals, "Brad is perfect for the role and he is being given first refusal."
When asked about the report, Rockstar Games which developed the video game tells IGN that they refuse to comment on rumor or speculation. Since there is no official announcement that "Red Dead Redemption" film is happening, report that Brad is offered to star as the lead character should be considered as a rumor as well.
"Red Dead Redemption" itself follows John Marston, a former outlaw, whose wife and son are taken hostage by the government. In exchange for his family freedom, he is forced to hunt down his former gang members.
Brad Pitt is currently shooting "Moneyball" in which he portrays Oakland A's general manager Billy Beane. He has completed the production of "The Tree of Life", which is due in the U.S. on November 1, and lent his voice for upcoming animation "Megamind".
More Brad Pitt News
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel