Brad Pitt Is 'Perfect' for 'Red Dead Redemption' Film
Brad Pitt could land another coveted role in his acting career. The living partner of Angelina Jolie has allegedly become a favorite candidate to play John Marston in an upcoming movie based on "Red Dead Redemption" video game.
"This is an exciting project with a great character at the center of it," a source tells Showbiz Spy about the project. "The idea is to make this in the style of an epic Western movie but with a few modern touches." On the 46-year-old star's possible involvement in the movie, the source additionally reveals, "Brad is perfect for the role and he is being given first refusal."
When asked about the report, Rockstar Games which developed the video game tells IGN that they refuse to comment on rumor or speculation. Since there is no official announcement that "Red Dead Redemption" film is happening, report that Brad is offered to star as the lead character should be considered as a rumor as well.
"Red Dead Redemption" itself follows John Marston, a former outlaw, whose wife and son are taken hostage by the government. In exchange for his family freedom, he is forced to hunt down his former gang members.
Brad Pitt is currently shooting "Moneyball" in which he portrays Oakland A's general manager Billy Beane. He has completed the production of "The Tree of Life", which is due in the U.S. on November 1, and lent his voice for upcoming animation "Megamind".
More Brad Pitt News
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video