Brad Pitt Is 'Perfect' for 'Red Dead Redemption' Film
Brad Pitt could land another coveted role in his acting career. The living partner of Angelina Jolie has allegedly become a favorite candidate to play John Marston in an upcoming movie based on "Red Dead Redemption" video game.
"This is an exciting project with a great character at the center of it," a source tells Showbiz Spy about the project. "The idea is to make this in the style of an epic Western movie but with a few modern touches." On the 46-year-old star's possible involvement in the movie, the source additionally reveals, "Brad is perfect for the role and he is being given first refusal."
When asked about the report, Rockstar Games which developed the video game tells IGN that they refuse to comment on rumor or speculation. Since there is no official announcement that "Red Dead Redemption" film is happening, report that Brad is offered to star as the lead character should be considered as a rumor as well.
"Red Dead Redemption" itself follows John Marston, a former outlaw, whose wife and son are taken hostage by the government. In exchange for his family freedom, he is forced to hunt down his former gang members.
Brad Pitt is currently shooting "Moneyball" in which he portrays Oakland A's general manager Billy Beane. He has completed the production of "The Tree of Life", which is due in the U.S. on November 1, and lent his voice for upcoming animation "Megamind".
More Brad Pitt News
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army