Chris Brown Praised by Judge During Progress Hearing in Felony Abuse Case
Making appearance on his fourth status hearing regarding his felony abuse case, Chris Brown was praised by judge. "You are doing very well on probation," Judge Patricia Schnegg told the 21-year-old R&B singer at the Los Angeles Superior Courthouse on Thursday, August 26, E! Online reported.
"You are doing a good job. It looks like you are working consistently on your community labor hours and I know it is a big job," Schnegg further praised Brown. The "With You" hitmaker, in a black vest, white shirt and khaki pants, was accompanied by his lawyer Mark Geragos and didn't speak during the hearing.
For his next progress hearing, Brown is due back in court on November 18. Back in May hearing, his attorney Geragos revealed that the star had completed 300 hours of community work, which is roughly 20 percent of his required total. Brown still has to continue with his probation, which is still four years to go.
Chris Brown was sentenced to felony abuse in 2009 after assaulting his then-girlfriend Rihanna. He injured the "Umbrella" hitmaker during a violent altercation back in February 2009. Rihanna herself was granted restraining order preventing Brown to make a contact with her in the next five years.
More Chris Brown News
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Justin Bieber Previews New Song 'Close to You'
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale