Chris Brown Praised by Judge During Progress Hearing in Felony Abuse Case
Making appearance on his fourth status hearing regarding his felony abuse case, Chris Brown was praised by judge. "You are doing very well on probation," Judge Patricia Schnegg told the 21-year-old R&B singer at the Los Angeles Superior Courthouse on Thursday, August 26, E! Online reported.
"You are doing a good job. It looks like you are working consistently on your community labor hours and I know it is a big job," Schnegg further praised Brown. The "With You" hitmaker, in a black vest, white shirt and khaki pants, was accompanied by his lawyer Mark Geragos and didn't speak during the hearing.
For his next progress hearing, Brown is due back in court on November 18. Back in May hearing, his attorney Geragos revealed that the star had completed 300 hours of community work, which is roughly 20 percent of his required total. Brown still has to continue with his probation, which is still four years to go.
Chris Brown was sentenced to felony abuse in 2009 after assaulting his then-girlfriend Rihanna. He injured the "Umbrella" hitmaker during a violent altercation back in February 2009. Rihanna herself was granted restraining order preventing Brown to make a contact with her in the next five years.
More Chris Brown News
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'
- Watch Britney Spears' Performance at Apple Music Festival in London
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Eliminates Second Pair of Season 23
- Miley Cyrus Disses Mariah Carey, Says 'I've Never Really Been a Fan'
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals How 'Mary Poppins Returns' Connects to Original Movie
- FKA twigs Ditches Her Engagement Ring When Arriving at LAX With Robert Pattinson
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Aren't Speaking, but Not Breaking Up
- NBC's 'This Is Us' Is the First Freshman to Get Full Season Order