Chris Brown Praised by Judge During Progress Hearing in Felony Abuse Case
Making appearance on his fourth status hearing regarding his felony abuse case, Chris Brown was praised by judge. "You are doing very well on probation," Judge Patricia Schnegg told the 21-year-old R&B singer at the Los Angeles Superior Courthouse on Thursday, August 26, E! Online reported.
"You are doing a good job. It looks like you are working consistently on your community labor hours and I know it is a big job," Schnegg further praised Brown. The "With You" hitmaker, in a black vest, white shirt and khaki pants, was accompanied by his lawyer Mark Geragos and didn't speak during the hearing.
For his next progress hearing, Brown is due back in court on November 18. Back in May hearing, his attorney Geragos revealed that the star had completed 300 hours of community work, which is roughly 20 percent of his required total. Brown still has to continue with his probation, which is still four years to go.
Chris Brown was sentenced to felony abuse in 2009 after assaulting his then-girlfriend Rihanna. He injured the "Umbrella" hitmaker during a violent altercation back in February 2009. Rihanna herself was granted restraining order preventing Brown to make a contact with her in the next five years.
More Chris Brown News
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child