Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Return to Host 2010 CMA Awards
Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley are once again paired up. After hosting Country Music Association (CMA) Awards in the last two years, the former "American Idol" participant and the thirteen-time CMA winner will return to lead the prize-giving event this year.
Praising Underwood and Paisley for doing "a tremendous job" in their previous hosting duty, CMA Chief Executive Officer Steve Moore gushed, "They have developed a natural rhythm and have a great rapport with the audience - both in the house and our fans watching at home." He added, "They each have a great sense of humor and timing, which are two essential ingredients for hosting a live awards broadcast."
Paisley himself said, "The CMAs are different from any other awards night. You're looking at a roomful of people who love each other. And any new viewer will be pleasantly surprised at what they relate to on the Awards and what they like that they had no idea they would like. For that reason alone, this is the most important night of the year for Country Music."
As for Underwood, she had this to say, "It's all about Country Music. We all live here This is our community. The CMA Awards are in Nashville, the home of Country Music. It's great to come here and celebrate that every year."
Throwing idea about what they will do this year, Underwood said it would be "awesome" to see Paisley changing his outfit multiple times throughout the show since she already did that last year. She jokingly told him, "I'm going to stay in the same thing all night. I'm going to show up in my pajamas, and you're going to do your thing."
A portion of this year's CMA nominations will be announced next week on Tuesday, August 31 in Nashville and the remaining categories will be uncovered the next day on "Good Morning America". CMA Awards will be held on November 10 at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville.
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos