Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Return to Host 2010 CMA Awards
Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley are once again paired up. After hosting Country Music Association (CMA) Awards in the last two years, the former "American Idol" participant and the thirteen-time CMA winner will return to lead the prize-giving event this year.
Praising Underwood and Paisley for doing "a tremendous job" in their previous hosting duty, CMA Chief Executive Officer Steve Moore gushed, "They have developed a natural rhythm and have a great rapport with the audience - both in the house and our fans watching at home." He added, "They each have a great sense of humor and timing, which are two essential ingredients for hosting a live awards broadcast."
Paisley himself said, "The CMAs are different from any other awards night. You're looking at a roomful of people who love each other. And any new viewer will be pleasantly surprised at what they relate to on the Awards and what they like that they had no idea they would like. For that reason alone, this is the most important night of the year for Country Music."
As for Underwood, she had this to say, "It's all about Country Music. We all live here This is our community. The CMA Awards are in Nashville, the home of Country Music. It's great to come here and celebrate that every year."
Throwing idea about what they will do this year, Underwood said it would be "awesome" to see Paisley changing his outfit multiple times throughout the show since she already did that last year. She jokingly told him, "I'm going to stay in the same thing all night. I'm going to show up in my pajamas, and you're going to do your thing."
A portion of this year's CMA nominations will be announced next week on Tuesday, August 31 in Nashville and the remaining categories will be uncovered the next day on "Good Morning America". CMA Awards will be held on November 10 at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation