John Mayer Launches Tirade Over Report He's Dating Jennifer Aniston Again
Fuming John Mayer has made his move to convince media that he is not back together with ex-girlfriend Jennifer Aniston. On Thursday, August 26, the "Waiting on the World to Change" singer lashed out at The Huffington Post in his recent Tumblr post over their "John Mayer & Jennifer Aniston BACK TOGETHER?" article.
Mayer started his tirade by quoting what the site had reported. "Mayer seemed to indicate they might be when he spoke in front of a crowd of 18,000 at his concert on Sunday at the Hollywood Bowl in LA. 'I believe in second chances!' he said," Mayer quoted. He countered, "Huffington Post, this is reporting? Let's break it down: I don't think I ever said 'I believe in second chances!' "
Mayer again quoted from the site's report which contained his statement, "You might have been a pain in the ass the last time around, but you can still start over again from home base." He, however, explained that the sentence "is from the song 'Half of My Heart', in reference to the idea that meeting new people allows for hiding old mistakes."
Taking his anger further, Mayer compared the site with "a stripper wearing reading glasses". He added, "Or maybe you're an insolvent law student willing to dance for a few extra dollars. Either way, it's uncomfortable to watch you try to wrap yourself around a pole when you have that C-Span scar." The singer concluded his post with a message read, "JOHN MAYER SLAMS HUFFPO: 'GO F**K YOURSELF!' "
John Mayer and Jennifer Aniston began dating in April 2008. The Hollywood couple later split in August only to reconcile in October. In March the following year, Mayer and Aniston ended their relationship.
More John Mayer News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars