'Saw' Director to Make Vampire-Themed Project 'Nightfall' So Cool
James Wan has signed on to serve behind the lens of "Nightfall", a movie adaptation of another bloodsucker tale. Scott Mitchell Rosenberg of Platinum Studios and William Stuart of Aurora Productions will team up to produce the flick, but it has not been known who will pen the script.
"The minute I heard the concept, I was in," Wan reveals about how he is interested to join the project. The "Saw" helmer then gushes, "Reading the graphic novel cemented that. Like 'Saw', it's a simple concept that, if executed properly, will be so cool." Rosenberg himself has shown faith to Wan's ability, telling Deadline Hollywood "James' experience crafting the contained horror in 'Saw' will be a big help in his informing the visual experience of 'Nightfall'."
"Nightfall" is based on a graphic novel of the same title by Scott O. Brown and Ferran Xalabarder. Detailed synopsis for the comic according to Amazon is, "When industrious, right-wing survivalist David Paxton is sent to a tough Texas prison, he has no idea that it's secretly run by vampires using the inmates to feed on. Now, Paxton's one hope of escape is a desperate prison riot and an uneasy alliance with a ruthless killer named Robbart."
After directing "Saw", James Wan opts to serve as producer for the six sequels including "Saw 3D". The 33-year-old filmmaker, in the meantime, has directed another horror film "Dead Silence" and crime action movie "Death Sentence".
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic