Angelina Jolie Is Set to Be 'Unforgiven'
Angelina Jolie is close to land another job after wrapping up production for "The Tourist". The actress is said offered a lead role in "Unforgiven" which is based on 2009 British miniseries of the same title, but she reportedly won't commit to the project until the screenplay is completed.
Deadline Hollywood reports that Christopher McQuarrie is currently writing the script for the movie and GK Films, which recently financed "The Tourist" where Jolie stars alongside Johnny Depp, is the one developing "Unforgiven" film. Graham King, meanwhile, is on board to serve as producer of the drama thriller.
According to Deadline, "Unforgiven" miniseries is a story about a woman named Ruth who attempts to "rejoin society after she serves a fifteen-year prison stretch for the murder of two policemen. The tragedy happened after the policemen came to evict her family from their farmhouse. Her hope is to live quietly and reunite with her troubled younger sister, but the paroled woman is targeted for a revenge campaign by two sons of one of her victims." Suranne Jones starred as Ruth in the original show, which was written by Sally Wainwright and directed by David Evans.
Angelina Jolie has recently announced that she is working on a Bosnian War love story which will start shooting in this fall. It is rumored that she will serve behind the lens though some people suggest that she will also star in the movie. This untitled Angelina Jolie project is going "to involve as many local people as possible," the 35-year-old promised.
- Bella Hadid Shows Off Lacy Bra and Flat Tummy in Crop Hoodie
- Jesse Eisenberg Teams Up With Bad Robot for TV Comedy
- Rita Ora Ditches Bra, Shows Her Nipples in See-Through Top
- 'Jurassic World 2' Connection With 'Jurassic Park' Is Revealed
- Kim Kardashian Shares How Paris Robbery Has Changed Her Life
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'