Elin Nordegren Breaks Her Silence, Saying She's Embarrassed at Tiger Woods' Infidelity
Elin Nordegren has conducted her first interview since her now-ex-husband Tiger Woods was involved in a single car accident in November 2009 following their altercation over the golfer's affair. Elin broke her silence in the new issue of People magazine with a headline read "My Own Story".
Breaking her nine months silence, Elin told reporter Sandra Sobieraj Westfall, "I've been through hell. It's hard to think you have this life and then all of sudden - was it a lie?" She added, "You're struggling because it wasn't real. But I survived. It was hard, but it didn't kill me."
When asked about Tiger's adulteries, Elin admitted, "I'm so embarrassed that I never suspected his affairs, not a one," adding that she believed she and Tiger had a "real marriage". She told the mag, "The word betrayal is just not strong enough."
As for reports mentioning that she got up to $100 million in the divorce settlement, Elin stated, "Money doesn't make you happy, but I have to be honest: It is making some things easier." Elin further stated that following the ordeal, "I also feel stronger than I ever have. I have confidence in my beliefs, my decisions and myself."
"My immediate plan is for the kids and me to continue to adjust to our new situation. I am going to keep taking classes, but my main focus is to try to give myself time to heal," Elin added. She concluded the interview by saying "I have no intention of ever addressing these matters again after this interview."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart