Elin Nordegren Breaks Her Silence, Saying She's Embarrassed at Tiger Woods' Infidelity
Elin Nordegren has conducted her first interview since her now-ex-husband Tiger Woods was involved in a single car accident in November 2009 following their altercation over the golfer's affair. Elin broke her silence in the new issue of People magazine with a headline read "My Own Story".
Breaking her nine months silence, Elin told reporter Sandra Sobieraj Westfall, "I've been through hell. It's hard to think you have this life and then all of sudden - was it a lie?" She added, "You're struggling because it wasn't real. But I survived. It was hard, but it didn't kill me."
When asked about Tiger's adulteries, Elin admitted, "I'm so embarrassed that I never suspected his affairs, not a one," adding that she believed she and Tiger had a "real marriage". She told the mag, "The word betrayal is just not strong enough."
As for reports mentioning that she got up to $100 million in the divorce settlement, Elin stated, "Money doesn't make you happy, but I have to be honest: It is making some things easier." Elin further stated that following the ordeal, "I also feel stronger than I ever have. I have confidence in my beliefs, my decisions and myself."
"My immediate plan is for the kids and me to continue to adjust to our new situation. I am going to keep taking classes, but my main focus is to try to give myself time to heal," Elin added. She concluded the interview by saying "I have no intention of ever addressing these matters again after this interview."
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer