Drake Writes Letter to Aaliyah, I Will Continue Making Music in Your Honor
In honor of Aaliyah's nine-year death anniversary, Drake wrote a letter for the late R&B singer. Posted on Rap Radar, the letter declared the Canadian rapper's big love, admiration as well as honor to the artist who died in a plane crash.
"Dear Dana," Drake started his letter, calling Aaliyah by her middle name. "I've never lost a parent, a friend, or a lover but I will never forget this day for the rest of my life. I remember getting the news that you had passed and it connected with my heart like a clean shot from Muhammad Ali. I was crushed."
The Young Money MC who sampled her song "At Your Best" for his track "Unforgettable" continued mentioning the things that made him "truly in love" with her. He shared, "I loved the way you carried yourself, the way you dressed, the confidence with which you addressed passion and relationships in your music."
Saying he is pained that they would never have a chance to make a duet together, Drake braved his sadness, saying "But you should know, we all listen to you every day and we remain inspired and moved by all that you've given the world."
"I hope I make the right life choices so I can end up in heaven where I know you rest your head. I'll continue to make music in your honor until the day we finally meet," he further stated before adding a short "Love you always and forever" note at the end of the letter.
More Drake News
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family
- Liv Tyler Jokes About Her 'Pointy and Giant' Baby Bump
- BET Awards 2016: Beyonce and Drake Dominate Winner List
- Muhammad Ali's Daughter Laila Gets Emotional While Honoring Her Late Father at 2016 BET Awards
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards