Drake Writes Letter to Aaliyah, I Will Continue Making Music in Your Honor
In honor of Aaliyah's nine-year death anniversary, Drake wrote a letter for the late R&B singer. Posted on Rap Radar, the letter declared the Canadian rapper's big love, admiration as well as honor to the artist who died in a plane crash.
"Dear Dana," Drake started his letter, calling Aaliyah by her middle name. "I've never lost a parent, a friend, or a lover but I will never forget this day for the rest of my life. I remember getting the news that you had passed and it connected with my heart like a clean shot from Muhammad Ali. I was crushed."
The Young Money MC who sampled her song "At Your Best" for his track "Unforgettable" continued mentioning the things that made him "truly in love" with her. He shared, "I loved the way you carried yourself, the way you dressed, the confidence with which you addressed passion and relationships in your music."
Saying he is pained that they would never have a chance to make a duet together, Drake braved his sadness, saying "But you should know, we all listen to you every day and we remain inspired and moved by all that you've given the world."
"I hope I make the right life choices so I can end up in heaven where I know you rest your head. I'll continue to make music in your honor until the day we finally meet," he further stated before adding a short "Love you always and forever" note at the end of the letter.
More Drake News
- Azealia Banks Unveils 'So Ghetto' Freestyle, RZA Sides With Russell Crowe After Record Deal Canceled
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!