Susan Boyle Will Sing for Pope Next Month, Calling It Great Honor
Susan Boyle is tapped to perform in front of Pope Benedict XVI next month, on September 16. The British singing sensation will be singing at least two songs, her claim-fame cover version of "I Dreamed a Dream" from "Les Miserables" and the hymn "How Great Thou Art".
"To be able to sing for the Pope is a great honor and something I've always dreamed of - it's indescribable," she told Scotland's The Daily Record newspaper. "I think the 16th of September will stand out in my memory as something I've always wanted to do, I've always wanted to sing for his Holiness and I can't really put into words my happiness, that this wish has come true at last."
She added, "The Pope's visit is a very big event for Scottish Catholics. My own faith is the backbone of my life, I pray and say the rosary each day and am very close to my religion. I am humbled and honored by this invitation and I hope I can do my best."
Of her late mother who is also a Catholic, the former "Britain's Got Talent" contestant said, "I know she won't be there physically, but she was at Bellahouston Park in 1982 and I know she will be there again." When singing at the open-air papal Mass in Glasgow's Bellahouston Park, Boyle will be accompanied by 800-strong choir.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri