Susan Boyle Will Sing for Pope Next Month, Calling It Great Honor
Susan Boyle is tapped to perform in front of Pope Benedict XVI next month, on September 16. The British singing sensation will be singing at least two songs, her claim-fame cover version of "I Dreamed a Dream" from "Les Miserables" and the hymn "How Great Thou Art".
"To be able to sing for the Pope is a great honor and something I've always dreamed of - it's indescribable," she told Scotland's The Daily Record newspaper. "I think the 16th of September will stand out in my memory as something I've always wanted to do, I've always wanted to sing for his Holiness and I can't really put into words my happiness, that this wish has come true at last."
She added, "The Pope's visit is a very big event for Scottish Catholics. My own faith is the backbone of my life, I pray and say the rosary each day and am very close to my religion. I am humbled and honored by this invitation and I hope I can do my best."
Of her late mother who is also a Catholic, the former "Britain's Got Talent" contestant said, "I know she won't be there physically, but she was at Bellahouston Park in 1982 and I know she will be there again." When singing at the open-air papal Mass in Glasgow's Bellahouston Park, Boyle will be accompanied by 800-strong choir.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier