Taylor Swift Admits 'Mine' Is About One of Her Old Flames
After taking inspiration from her old crushes like a guy named Drew in "Teardrops on My Guitar" and Joe Jonas in "Forever & Always", Taylor Swift continues to bare her past love story in her song. This time around, she admitted that her new single "Mine" also talks about one of the guys she used to like.
"I was reflecting back on a boy I liked at a certain time," the 20-year-old country music singer told Rolling Stone. Without naming the guy, she continued her statement, "The song is about what it would be like if I actually let my guard down."
"Mine" is the lead single from Taylor Swift's new album "Speak Now" which is slated for October 25 U.S. release. The song was leaked days before the release date, making it pushed forward for early release. Despite the premature arrival, it performed and sold well and she thanked fans for that.
"[My manager] said, 'I don't want you to panic.' And I said, 'The song leaked, didn't it?' " she recalled "I turned on my phone and there were texts saying, 'Congratulations.' A leak is so out of my comfort zone, but it ended up good in the end. It made me so emotional that I started crying."
The music video is co-directed by Swift and Roman White and will be premiered on August 27. Starring Toby Hemingway, it will see her getting proposed by "The Covenant" actor and walking down the aisle with him.
More Taylor Swift News
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video
- Jennifer Garner Reportedly 'Suspicious' of Ben Affleck's Relationship With His Detox Nurse
- 'Saturday Night Live' Mocks Trump's Inauguration With Shirtless Putin
- Brad Pitt Is Living a Healthy New Life Following Angelina Jolie Split
- New Couple Alert? Iggy Azalea Spotted Making Out With Music Producer LJay Currie in Mexico
- Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Madonna Perform at Women's March on Washington
- Is Ellen DeGeneres' Marriage to Portia de Rossi in Trouble?