'Cloverfield' Monster Designer Dishes on J.J. Abrams' 'Super 8' Creature
Since "Super 8" is categorized as a secret project of J.J. Abrams, little has been known about the movie including who is involved in the project. However, in an interview with Wired during recent San Diego Comic Con, it has been revealed that "Cloverfield" monster designer Neville Page is tapped to design "the range, the gamut" for the upcoming sci-fi.
He then shared that he is extracting the idea of the destructive alien from Abrams' mind and the said creature will show up from a bumping cargo seen in the teaser trailer. "When that door blows open, it's the ultimate reveal," he teased.
The concept designer and creature creator, whose credits include his works on "Tron Legacy", as well as "Piranha 3-D", was later asked how he keeps the ideas coming on such varied projects. "My background, quite frankly, is more 'Tron' than it is creature," Page admitted. "The process of invention of a helmet or a creature - it's the same stuff, it's just different subject matter, really."
"Super 8", written and directed by J.J. Abrams, is said to focus on otherworldly creatures captured on film by amateur cinematographers. Shooting is reportedly planned to start late September in Weirton, West Virginia. The upcoming film will probably come out in summer 2011.
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video
- 'Supernatural': Mark Sheppard Won't Return as Series Regular in Season 13