'Cloverfield' Monster Designer Dishes on J.J. Abrams' 'Super 8' Creature
Since "Super 8" is categorized as a secret project of J.J. Abrams, little has been known about the movie including who is involved in the project. However, in an interview with Wired during recent San Diego Comic Con, it has been revealed that "Cloverfield" monster designer Neville Page is tapped to design "the range, the gamut" for the upcoming sci-fi.
He then shared that he is extracting the idea of the destructive alien from Abrams' mind and the said creature will show up from a bumping cargo seen in the teaser trailer. "When that door blows open, it's the ultimate reveal," he teased.
The concept designer and creature creator, whose credits include his works on "Tron Legacy", as well as "Piranha 3-D", was later asked how he keeps the ideas coming on such varied projects. "My background, quite frankly, is more 'Tron' than it is creature," Page admitted. "The process of invention of a helmet or a creature - it's the same stuff, it's just different subject matter, really."
"Super 8", written and directed by J.J. Abrams, is said to focus on otherworldly creatures captured on film by amateur cinematographers. Shooting is reportedly planned to start late September in Weirton, West Virginia. The upcoming film will probably come out in summer 2011.
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle
- Singer Babyface Joins 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Usher Confirms New Album 'Hard II Love' Is Due Out Next Month
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot
- Beyonce Remembers Aaliyah 15 Years Later With Sweet Throwback Video